eight

y/n parked her car in front of the itzy dorms, contemplating wether she should text them she's here, or simply go in and knock

y/n parked her car in front of the itzy dorms, contemplating wether she should text them she's here, or simply go in and knock. before she could do either, ryujin ran out of the doors— an excited smile on her face when she spotted y/n in her car.

she stopped at the drivers window, making y/n roll it down with a soft smile, looking behind ryujin for the other girls. "where are the other girls?"

"funny story," she said with a smile, "they all weirdly got sick, i think it was from the food last night—i'm never cooking for them again." the lie came out easily, having practiced it a thousand times in the mirror.

"oh no, should i go buy some soup for them?"

"no! i mean, no, they're just going to sleep it away haha....but i'm still hoping we can hang out?" ryujin asked quietly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear nervously.

"yeah, of course! come in." with that, ryujin practically jumped in the backseat.

"ryujin...you know you can sit in the front right?" y/n asked, trying her best to hold in her laugh when the idols cheeks flared a vibrant red.

"right...right, i knew that."

after getting situated in the car, y/n started down the road, her playlist playing softly throughout the car. "i was originally going to take you all out for food then go home...but since it's just us that won't seem as fun if we just go and eat."

ryujin seemed to understand what was being asked and visibly perked, "can we see a movie?"

the excited tone in her voice unconsciously brought a smile on y/n's lips, "sure, then we'll pick up some food and eat at my place, is that cool with y—"

"yes!"

y/n rose a brow, "okaaay."

ryujin's first attempt to make a move on y/n was futile. when she suggested for them to watch a scary movie, she totally expected y/n to get scared and hold her hand—but no, apparently y/n was a horror movie fanatic.

so when the jump-scare happened, she was waiting for y/n to cling to her or something, but that never came.

the two were now sat in the living room of y/n's house, they were watching a random kdrama.

they had picked up pizza—per ryujin's request.
"you're so pretty y/n." ryujin said softly, sipping her cola.

"thanks ryujin, you too."

"you know y/n," she said, grabbing another slice of pizza, "you're like, my ideal type."

"really? that's so sweet."

ryujin internally screamed at how oblivious y/n was being, a million thoughts were going through her head.

does she really not know or is she just trying to let me down easy?

"ah, it's getting late, i should take you back to the dorms." y/n said standing up, "i'll pick up another pizza up on the way back for the girls."

ryujin reluctantly got up as well, putting her shoes on as she waited for y/n to grab her keys. upon noticing ryujin's drop in mood she smiled and grabbed her hand, "hey, i had a lot of fun with you today, hopefully next time the rest of the girls can come as well so we can do something super fun."

ryujin nodded with a smile, getting into y/n's car and resting her head against the window.

the car ride passed by quickly for ryujin, seeing as she fell asleep the whole way.

"ryujin," y/n whispered, shaking her softly, "come on we're here."

ryujin groaned, but woke up nonetheless, "thank you for hanging out with me today y/n..."

"anytime, here's the pizza. make sure the girls feel better and tell them they better be healthy by the time of our next practice okay?"

"okay."

y/n waited until ryujin was inside to drive away, a small smile on her face.

authors note ,
oop this is kinda long but i kinda liked this chapter. i love girlfriends bruh😖 but like how tf is ryujin so freaking pretty i'm sad 😔✊

sotd — replay, shinee