nineteen

this chapter : 👀👀👀👀👀

it's been a while since ryujin confessed her feelings for y/n, and y/n tried her hardest to decipher her own feelings towards the idol

it's been a while since ryujin confessed her feelings for y/n, and y/n tried her hardest to decipher her own feelings towards the idol. from what she knows now, she truly adores ryujin, and she honestly wouldn't mind dating her.

the only thing really making her hesitate it the fact ryujin is an idol, she doesn't want the girl to have any scandals and ruin her career. hell, y/n could care less if she, herself got fired, but ryujin's career was on the line too and she didn't like that at all.

"what's wrong?"

y/n blinked, noticing ryujin staring at her with worried eyes, "ah, it's nothing."

it seemed as if ryujin was hesitating on asking something, "did i... did i do something wrong?"

"huh? no! no, it's just...im thinking about what will happen if we started dating, like what would happen to my job, and yours?" y/n sighed, pulling the throw blanket closer to her chest. "what will everyone think? and if we decide to date and keep it secret, what happens if someone finds out? i care for you all so much and just the thought of getting you in a scandal and hurting your group makes me scared."

"you think too much." ryujin spoke up after a couple minutes of silence. "i don't like second guessing my feelings but it's kinda feeling like you're trying to make me."

"i'm not! i'm just scared."

"well i wasn't at first but now i am too." ryujin spoke softly, "but i do want to be with you a lot."

it was the first time they talked about ryujin's feelings seriously since the day she confessed to y/n, it all still seems so surreal (and very flustering in y/n's end). they never talked about y/n's feelings though, so maybe that's another factor in why they haven't gotten together. "do you like me too?"

ryujin's voice was soft, as if she spoke any louder she might scare y/n away, and that's the last thing she wants.

"i do..."

the idol smiled, her cheeks tinting a light shade of red. she didn't expect an answer right away, but she was beyond happy she got one immediately. she doesn't want to sound impatient, but she's been waiting to hear that since she confessed.

ryujin moved to sit in front y/n—her eyes widening at the close proximity of the idol and herself now. she felt nervous under ryujin's gaze, the girl was just staring at her.

what is she supposed to do? are they having a staring contest? is she supposed to talk?

she just coughed awkwardly, looking away nervously—she suddenly 'found interest' in the book on the coffee table.

"can i kiss you?"

y/n almost choked, eyes widening as she looked at ryujin, "me?"

"no, the girl behind you."

y/n looked behind her, finding nobody, "yes, you, y/n."

"oh," she breathed out, "yeah, you can if you want." she whispered.

ryujin nodded, leaning closer to the choreographer. it seemed as y/n gained a little confidence, pulling the idol onto her lap, "better?"

ryujin nodded once again, placing her hand on y/n's cheek and pressing her lips against y/n's soft ones.

y/n's eyes fluttered closed, her arms wrapping around ryujin to pull her closer. their lips moved in sync. eventually the shorter pulled away, a smile on her face.

y/n was glad ryujin initiated that kiss, both of their cheeks were red. "i liked that."

ryujin giggled when y/n placed another quick kiss on her lips, "i liked that too."

"if you're okay with it, and everything that might happen afterwards.... do you want to be my girlfriend?"

"yes." ryujin said with a smile, pushing y/n down so they can cuddle.

authors note,
y/n really out here being confident for once? wow.

i hope you liked this chapter, at first i wanted to add some angst but then i was like nahhh let me just make this cute. also, it seems as if a lot of you guys are surprised at being zendaya..but like i would be too cause like A QUEEN.

sotd — jasmine , dpr live