5: Mistakes and Silence

It was midnight and Hannah was now in her hotel room.

She felt tired and went to bed, but on the other side of the story Harry was still wide awake.

After the party he went back home, removed his make up and changed clothes. He was now wearing flares, a white shirt, a cardigan with loads of bright colors and a string of white pearls around his neck.

He had a few drinks, and all the men in the pub were giving him weird looks. Harry was getting annoyed when he noticed everyone was staring at him. And he didn't have a clue why, so he quickly left. Forgetting his coat

It was raining and he was shivering, but he didn't want to go back in for his coat. It wasn't important anyway. Thankfully he still was wearing his cardigan.

Tears were streaming down his face, but no one noticed since it was raining. He was deeply wounded by what he did after the party. He knew Hannah was going to be so disappointed, and probably won't forgive him.

He sat down on a bench, and looked around him. Something about this place seemed so forgotten and lonesome. In this place was a lake, the water was gross but seemed so beautiful. Thanks to the moonlight, making it glistening.

For a quick second he thought about drowning himself in it, but he knew it wouldn't help him in any way.

He grabbed his phone and searched for Hannah her name in his contacts. He just needed to hear her voice before everything went downhill.

Hannah was reading a book when all of a sudden someone called her. She took her phone and answered the call when she saw it was Harry.

"Hi." She said and waited for him to say something. Hannah could hear him sob silently. "Are you okay?" She asked carefully, knowing he doesn't like to talk about the way he feels.

"Yeah don't worry." He answered her quickly. Hannah hummed knowing it was a lie, but going along with it anyway.

"Where are you?" She then asked him. Harry sighed. "I don't know."

"What? How can you not know?" Hannah asked. "Wait... are you drunk?" She asked him.

"Yes." He replied and Hannah sighed not knowing how she can help him.

"Stay where you are. I'm going to look for you. Send me a picture of where you are."

"Alright." He replied and Hannah ended the call.

She stood up and grabbed her coat and shoes, putting them on. She took her keys to her hotel room and left. Quickly running down the stairs when her phone buzzed in her pocket.

She opened her phone to a message of Harry. He indeed sent a picture, but instead of the location it was a selfie. He was soaked and his curly hair was sticking to his skin. His eyes were red and puffy, but he had a slight smile on his face. Hannah chuckled at her phone and shook her head.

Hannah: I didn't mean a picture of yourself. Though you look beautiful.

Harry: Oh. Thank you.

Hannah: Can you send one of what you're seeing in front of you?

Harry: Sure. Hold on.

Hannah awaited another picture and this time it was correct. She immediately knew where it was and went there as quickly as possible.

Harry on the other hand was still feeling the same way and just felt stupid when he sent her the wrong photo. He put his phone away and stared right into nothingness.

At this point his entire body was freezing and everything felt numb. He needed some way out of his head. Wanting someone or something to take his pain away. Like the ocean takes the sand.

He was waiting for Hannah to find him. He was longing for her arms. They've only known each other for a while, but she was so understanding of the way he felt. He felt like she was the woman he had spent his time daydreaming about the last couple of years. The only thing he could do is hating himself for putting her through things like these.

He didn't want to tell her what happened that night after the party. He knew that if he did, that one day she'd leave him and would never talk about or talk with him again. She'd ignore his texts on purpose and they'd become strangers.

He wasn't ready for it and he will never be ready for that moment, though it might still happen. Harry knew that all she wants is honesty, but he just can't tell her the truth.

"Hi." He heard a voice say all of sudden, he immediately recognised it was Hannah her sweet sounding voice.

"Hey temptress." He said and Hannah smiled.

"Shall we go to our hotel?" Hannah asked and Harry nodded. He quickly stood up and thats when Hannah noticed he wasn't wearing a coat.

"Where's your coat?" Hannah asked him and Harry shrugged. "I left it in the pub over there." He replied and pointed across the street. There was a building with neon lights shining.

"You stay here. I'll go get it." Hannah said, quickly running across the street and into the pub.

Harry did what Hannah said and stood there waiting for her. She quickly came back with his coat and gave it to him. He quickly put it on.

Hannah started walking back to the hotel, but she was pulled back into a hug.

"I don't want to go yet." He whispered in her ear.

"Harry it's raining and you're drunk."

"So?" He asked. "I want to be with you."

Hannah felt herself starting to blush. "You can stay in my room." She replied.

Harry raised his head. "Really?"

Hannah nodded. "Yeah now lets go."

Harry smiled and Hannah started to walk away. He quickly followed her, not wanting to lose her.

"I'm sorry for not checking in on you. I was reading a book and completely forgot about everything." Hannah said looking down at the wet street in front of her. Her words were met with a complete silence.

"I don't know what happened after the party but I know you were crying. And... that's okay. Men are allowed to cry. It's very manly." She continued hoping Harry would say something this time.

Her presence was only met by silence again and Hannah frowned, starting wonder if he didn't want to talk to her or if he was too out of it. Which seemed weird because he talked to her a few minutes ago. Was he ignoring what she was saying her on purpose.

Hannah stood still on a sudden, making Harry stop as well. He looked over at her. Hannah noticed he had a devastated look on his face, though he tried to hide it. For some reason he looked much smaller then usual, as if the rain was going to melt him into the floor.

"Why aren't saying anything?" Hannah asked.

"It's not important, Hannah." He replied, starting to get a bit annoyed with her.

"Oh please Harry.. stop this act. I know something is wrong. I found you sitting on a bench soaked in the rain and your fucking coat was missing." She took a breath before continuing. "There is obviously something wrong Harry."

"Can't you just accept the fact that I don't want to tell you?" He replied.

"No I can't accept that. I want to help you." She said, raising her. voice.

"Well maybe I don't want fucking help." He replied, also raising his voice.

"You know what?" Hannah said.

"What?" Harry questioned.

"Whatever is going with you. I can't fucking deal with it. I'm done with talking to you. You can sleep on your own tonight and don't come asking for help." Hannah replied.

They started to walk again and they both stayed silent the entire walk to the hotel. Not even saying goodbye to each other when they were going to their rooms.

Don't forget to vote it takes a little of your time but does a big thing to my day. Thank you. I hope I'll see you next chapter. All my love. H