The Hunt for Inspiration Analysis

The Hunt for Inspiration is about a writer losing ideas, and finding an idea within herself.

Conflict type: Self v Self

Genre: Non-fiction

Speaker: A writer

Overall Poetic analysis: The first line of every stanza starts with a "Feeling (adjective) am I". This is a rather direct way of expressing emotions as the speaker is directly announcing to the readers about her writer's block. The second line is always startin with an action verb. This is to show that the speaker is trying to take action about this writer's block.

Stanza 1: This is the start of the conflict when the writer starts hunting for inspirations but to no avail. This stanza is quite straight-forward. The speaker wants to write. The speaker has no idea what to write about. The speaker feels empty. The speaker searches about the house. The speaker could not find inspiration.

Stanza 2: The speaker is searching so hard for inspiration but couldn't find it that she turned insane. She identified this as her writers block and I could infer from the word 'annoying' that she hates it. She tried hard but she just went far as she thought of the complicated parts of life and not the basics.

Stanza 3: She wanted to do something aesthetic and plunged straight to her scrapbook, still in search of ideas. Yet, she couldn't find her inspiration. she just wasted time enjoying the aesthetics and not using it to write something wowing.

Stanza 4: At last she gained inspiration. Though this sense of inspiration felt odd. She wrote something and threw something. She wanted to write a great literary art so badly, yet all she was writing is plain nonsense to her. And hence, she lost inspiration again.

Stanza 5: The speaker suddenly gained her inspiration and finished 'this' up. 'this' meant two things. The speaker's poetry as well as her writer's block. She was really glad that she had the idea of writing this and hence, finished it with a fine little touch.