Chapter 3

Art Credit: yxellowie

The day had passed just a quickly as the last, and once more Toshinori, the retired #1 pro hero found himself walking his coworker (Y/N) home. It had been after work when he asked her again and again she had accepted.

(Y/N) had asked more in depth questions about the surgeries and the poor man did his absolute best to answer them all. Alongside her questions, Toshinori himself asked her about her art, and how long she'd been doing it.

"How long have I been drawing? Well, ever since before I could remember...my parents praised me all the time and loved to display my drawings on the fridge and the walls. They got me sketch books, pens, and pencils before I was able to buy my own." The woman took each step slow, wanting to stretch her time talking to Toshinori as much as possible. It seemed the blonde man felt the same, since even with his naturally large strides he was taking it slow too. He smiled at the idea of parents praising their child over their work and efforts, it reminded him of how he felt with young Midoriya. Imagining it happening to a toddler version of (Y/N) was secretly very cute to him. Hands in the pockets of his baggy slacks he looked and listen to his coworker with a happy smile.

"Does art have anything to do with your quirk?" he asked next, making the woman beside him chortle loudly as she shook her head. He was little embarrassed over the fact he had no idea or clue of anything that had to do with her quirk. He didn't even know her hero name, and he'd working with her ever since he joined the UA staff. He felt a little bad because of this, but watched her the same.

"Oh no, not at all! But my quirk is a little splashy..." (Y/N) scratched the back of her head as Toshinori raised a brow at her, his piercing ceruleans silently asking her to show him her quirk. He wanted to chuckle at her use of words, but it also made him even more curious to what she had in store.

Splashy.

Obliging to him, (Y/N) made sure no civilians were too close as she took some steps back from him. Holding her hands out and taking in a quick breath, the tall man in front of her could see her (e/c) eyes shift from its original hue to a lightning blue. It glowed beautifully in comparison to the pinkish orange sun-setting sky. On either side of him and even coming from his skin Toshinori could see water droplets forming and drifting off into a moving ball under her fingertips, thrashing and moving about as if waiting to burst. Once (Y/N) had a decently sized ball in her palm she thrusted her arm up and shot the ball into the sky. As it got really high the ball exploded into a powerful burst of water, causing small droplets to rain down onto the street and onto herself and Toshinori.

The man was pleasantly surprised as he watched her, seeing how powerful (Y/N's) quirk could be if used correctly and at the proper place. Feeling the droplets of water his his face and his hair he shook his head slightly almost like a dog, making him huff out a short laugh. Letting out a soft laugh herself the female wiped her wet hands on her pencil skirt, stepping closer to Toshinori again. By then the sharp lightning color in her eyes had turned back into that regular (e/c) of hers as she blinked up at him.

"So...?" she asked him, waiting for a response as the older man suddenly spat out a bit of blood. (Y/N) reeled back a bit, grabbing her handkerchief from a pocket and dabbing on the corner of his mouth.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" she asked him, aware he's coughed up blood from time to time but never seeing up up close and personal.

The man shook his head defiantly, letting his spurts of coughs pass as he waved his hand at her.
"No, no. It's really okay. You just really shocked me with that powerful quirk of yours...I wasn't sure what to say." Toshinori praised with a smile as both his and her feet began to walk again. (Y/N) couldn't fight the large smile on her face, gazing bashfully down as she walked.