Chapter 16

Art Credit: Marroquinarts

By the time Naomasa Tsukauchi arrived at Toshinori's apartment, he was stunned to see how terrified his old friend was.

He wasn't sure if he ever saw the man so distraught and panicked before.

It had taken every inch of self control for the blonde not to immediately call the police once he got (Y/N's) interrupted message. It could've been just a mistake, just a slip of the fingers.

It was after waiting a few of hours for her to come home and a dozen missed phone calls when he frantically phoned Naomosa who was at the station at the time. Knowing that Toshinori would never call if it wasn't important, the dark haired man hastily made his way to the blonde's apartment, along with two officers for back up after being explained the situation.

Toshinori opened up his door to them as soon as they arrived, urgently holding back his tears.

"T-Thank you for coming on such short notice..." the older man whispered shakily, watching as his friend along with two other officers enter. Naomasa tugged off his beige colored hat from his head. The man could only stare consolingly at his tall friend, eying the way the retired hero wrung his hands tightly together.

"It's quite alright Toshinori. You wouldn't call me if this wasn't serious." he replied, his two officers keeping stationary as to respect the blonde's home. Naomasa took a pen and pad from his long trench coat, urging a tense Toshinori to sit on the couch. The blonde obeyed mindlessly, feeling his brain go foggy and muddled after finally sitting.

When Naomasa began to speak again, the retired hero felt like he couldn't think. He couldn't even hear the other man.

Suddenly, nothing at that moment felt real.

All the nervousness and dread he'd been feeling was shifting to something almost emotionless, and the blonde man found that no real thoughts were passing through him. He nearly forgotten where he was at that point.

The dark haired man tensed as he watched Toshinori, easily catching the man in front of him slipping into a fit of disassociation. He had seen this type of behavior before on trauma victims when he did interviews with civilians. The obvious glazed look in his eyes caused a wave of worry to come over the officer.

"T-Toshinori—hey, stay with me," the man stepped forward, kneeling on a knee as he began quickly snapping his fingers close to the blonde's face.

"We need you to stay grounded if we want to find (Y/N)." Naomasa said gently and clearly, his posture comforting and patient as Toshinori's cerulean eyes slowly met his. The blonde's old friend continued to smile for him, making sure that the man kept his eyes trained forward.

"Remember why you called me over...I need you here to help (Y/N), okay?"

The officer had to hide his relief when some light returned back into Toshinori's orbs, his body shifting in his seated position.

"...right." the man whispered back, as the officer began looking around.

Naomasa knew only vaguely about Toshinori and (Y/N's) relationship based on the phone call he received. Clearly it meant a lot to the retired hero if her being missing caused him to go into such a state. He needed to find something to keep his friend with him, as it wouldn't be good if Toshinori were to lose his cool.

He looked around the room, briefly.

"Is there anything in here that belongs to her? Something you can smell or feel?" the dark haired man asked, taking it as a good sign when the blonde sat up a little straighter, his slow gaze turning toward the bathroom.