Ch 5

"Hey cutie!" Mirio said, catching up to y/n as she was walking to school. Y/n whirled around to face him.

"H-huh?" She stuttered out, eyes wide.

"Hm? Oh! ahaha! Don't worry about it!" He laughed heartily.

"Hey guys!" Nejire paced up next to them. Y/n smiled at her.

"How'd you sleep?" Nejire asked y/n before quietly asking herself; "is that weird?"

"I slept good. You?" Y/n asked the blue haired girl.

"Like a baby!" Nejire giggled.

Tamaki joined them a moment later, shuffling quietly behind them. The four of them walked into the UA building and into their homeroom class.

"Today Mirio, Nejire, and Tamaki will be heading to the first years classes to explain the hero work-studies." Their teacher nodded at them, giving them permission to leave.

"Right!" Mirio said, leading the other two out of the room excitedly. Tamaki looked like he was going to be sick. Y/n watched them go with a smile on her face. 'I wonder if I can meet with them after class to ask how it went..' she thought to herself.

Class droned on monotonously and y/n was exited to know how things went with the first years. She was sure it'd gone well due to Nejire's curiosity and Mirio's playful attitude. He was like the glue of the big three. But poor Tamaki. He was so shy and he was probably freaking out due to being in front of a group of people.

The bell signaling the end of class toned and
y/n headed out of the classroom to find her friends. As she walked down the hall she saw them. Mirio and Nejire were both talking and laughing while Tamaki trailed behind them.

"Hey!" She waved to them. "How'd it go?" Mirio looked ahead, eyes landing on y/n when he heard her question.

"Oh! Ahaha! It went great! Those first years are pretty determined!" Mirio smiled.

"I still think you went a little overboard on them.." Tamaki said quietly.

"Maybe I did... but still! They're aspiring hero's and they'll be up against people much stronger than I am in the future." Mirio said. Y/n fell into pace with them.

"Say...you wanna share my lunch with me? I made a pretty big one this morning so I don't mind giving you some." Mirio said to y/n when they sat down at the table. Nejire was distracted talking to Tamaki about the first years. Y/n nodded at the blonde boy.

"Here!" Mirio said, sliding his lunch over to her.

"Trade?" Y/n asked him, feeling kind of bad for taking his food and not giving anything in return.

"Sure!" Mirio smiled as took some of her food as well when she slid her lunch over to him.

"Oooo~ food trade? Can I join?" Nejire asked the two, smiling.

"Of course!" Mirio said, opening his arms wide as if to say 'go for it'.

The four of them laughed and talked for a bit. Mirio shared his story of his encounters with the first years- he brought up a specific boy with green hair.

"Oh I think I remember him...yeah! He was in the sports festival and he went up against Endeavors kid!" Y/n piped up.

"Yeah! That's the kid! Man...he was really concentrated when I was goin against everyone! Kids' got brains." Mirio tapped his forehead with a smile.

The bell signaling the end of break toned and everyone stood to clean off their table before heading back to class.

"Hey Mirio..?" Y/n called as they walked through the hallway.

"Yeah?" He turned around.

"Uhm....sorry this is probably kinda sudden but I've got a question to ask..." she picked at the skin on her finger nervously.

"Yeah? What is it?" He asked happily. The hallways had started to empty and pretty soon it was just them left.

"Im not making anyone uncomfortable am I?" She asked quietly.

"Huh? What do you mean?" He laughed.

"I mean- I just kind of joined your group suddenly and...well- you guys are the big three and I don't want to make it seem like...like I'm trying to butt in or anything..." y/n muttered.
Mirio was silent for a moment before walking a little closer to her and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Of course you're not making anyone uncomfortable y/n. Us being the big three has nothing to do with who we're friends with." He smiled.

"Alright. Sorry, that was bugging me for a while..." y/n laughed nervously.

"No apologies needed! I'll see you after class!" He ruffled her hair and walked into his next class.

"Yeah.." y/n smiled to herself as she fixed her hair and walked to her own class.

________________________________