Ch 13

"My quirk..." he looked forward at the wall in front of him.
"It's uh... gone." Mirio's usually cheery voice sounded like it was on the verge of breaking.

"..."
y/n stared at him in disbelief.
"Gone...? How?" She shook her head slightly, heart rate increasing.

"I got hit by a quirk erasing bullet... during the fight." He explained, looking at her.

"Oh no..." y/n scooted her chair closer.
"There's a way to get it back, right?" She looked into his eyes worriedly.
"I-I mean you worked so hard to get here and-,"

"There's not." Mirio shook his head.
"Not right now at least..." his gaze moved back down to the covers that rested on his legs.
"But... Eri's quirk... it's called rewind." He looked back to y/n, who nodded in curiosity.
"She can... rewind things like a person's body to their original state." He explained.

"And you... think it might work on your quirk?" Y/n raised her eyebrows slightly.

"Yeah... of course, she has to learn to control her quirk first." Mirio smiled.
"She'd be a great hero," Mirio looked out the window with a smile.
"That's if she wants to be one." His bright smile turned back to y/n.

"Mirio...?" Y/n's gaze dropped to the floor.
"How old is Eri?" She asked out of pure curiosity. Since Mirio had said the girl didn't have control of her quirk yet... she had to be young then?

"Seven," Mirio stated.

"Seven?" Y/n whispered in disbelief.

While Mirio was in the hospital, y/n had tried to search for some sort of news article on what had happened. She couldn't find much but it appears it had been a rescue mission of some kind.

"She's seven...?" Y/n stared at Mirio.

"... she's gone through a lot." Mirio nodded.

"I really would love to meet her," Y/n said, feeling a little protectiveness towards this kid she'd never met.

"Yeah? I think she really would love you." Mirio smiled.
"But enough of all that depressing stuff!" he shook his hands.
"You've gotta get back to the dorms soon! The sun's going down." Mirio said, pointing back at the setting sun that was turning the sky red just outside the window
"I wouldn't want you walking home in the dark." That kind smile of his returned to his face.

"Right." Y/n nodded, grabbing her things and beginning to stand.

"Hey, y/n..." Mirio said in a questioning tone.

"Hm?" Y/n looked back to him quickly.

"Come here for a moment."

Y/n shuffled towards the bed he was sitting on.

"Closer." Mirio smiled. Y/n nervously moved closer until her thigh was against the side of the bed.

"What is it...?" She asked. Was it a secret? Something that he needed to whisper to her?
Her eyes widened when she felt him give a quick kiss to her cheek. Mirio leaned back with a smile, his blue eyes glittering with the light of the setting sun.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Mirio said softly, giving her a small wave. Y/n blinked, bringing a hand up to cup her cheek as she walked back towards the door slowly.

"Yeah... tomorrow..." she muttered, looking off in the distance. She could feel her cheeks warming as she closed the door behind her.
'Oh gosh I probably looked so stupid just now...' she mentally cursed, closing her eyes tightly.

Y/n knew Mirio was on the more flirtatious side... but a kiss on the cheek? What did that mean? Did he like her? Or... was he just doing it as a friend-thing? Y/n watched her footsteps as she walked down the hall and out the hospital doors.

A cool breeze blew y/n's hair as she walked to school. It had been one of those comfortable mornings. She'd had something warm to drink before she left the dorm building and had a nice breakfast to go along with it.

She headed to her first class, sitting down beside Nejire. It felt weird to have only her there. Y/n was grateful that Tamaki and Mirio were coming back soon. It wasn't that she didn't like Nejire. Things just didn't feel the same without the two of them there.

"Did you go and visit Mirio yesterday?" Nejire asked, tilting her head curiously.

"Mhm." Y/n nodded, eyes averting to look down at the table.

"How was he? I didn't have time to go visit yesterday." She whispered, trying not to attract the attention of the teacher.

"He's good. Still energetic." Y/n laughed quietly.

"Oh good! I can't wait until they come back." Nejire smiled, turning to look back at the board.
"I miss having them here." She whispered.

Y/n's hand pushed against the door, opening it and squinting in the sunlight as she stepped out. Her shoes tapped lightly on the stairs as she walked out of UA. The bell had rung around five minutes ago and most of the people had left already.

"Y/n!" A familiar voice called from the spot near the bushes that lined the sidewalk to UA. Y/n's eyes looked up from the ground, glancing around. The voice had been Mirio's, that much was clear. She spotted him.

"Hey! They let you out?" She smiled, walking to him.

"Yep!" He smiled at her before looking down behind himself. Y/n's eyes followed his gaze. There was something... or someone... hiding behind his legs. Y/n raised an eyebrow and peered to the side. There was a little girl there, she looked maybe seven, or eight. She had blueish-grey hair that reached her waist.
"This is Eri." Mirio smiled softly down at the girl, who was looking shyly at y/n.
Y/n's eyes widened. So this was Eri. Her face softened into a smile as she squatted down to the little girl's height.

"Hi Eri, I'm y/n." The h/c haired girl gave a small wave to the little girl.

"H-hi," Eri mumbled back, her eyes quickly looking down at the ground.

"That's a cute outfit you've got." Y/n let out a soft giggle as she tilted her head.

"Thank you..." Eri's small voice spoke back as she looked down at the small dress she wore.
Y/n smiled a little wider, feeling a longing to become friends with Eri.

"It's nice to finally meet you."

________________________________