Welcome To Your Nightmare

As the sun slowly rose, Ghost Rider felt a tingling sensation all over his body.

That tingling immediately became pain.

An indescribable pain that grew with each second.

It was enough to make Ghost Rider groan and recoil as he held his stomach where the pain felt strongest.

It got to the point where all feeling in his legs vanished causing Ghost Rider to fall onto the grass.

He let out an agonizing howl as more light from the sun lit the sky.

The fire on Ghost Rider's skull started to die down to small blue flames before being completely snuffed out.

Ghost Rider curled into a ball as the aching torment washed over his body, covering his body in flames.

A few seconds later, the fire dissipated, revealing Lincoln Loud instead of Ghost Rider.

Lincoln sucked in heavy breaths as his pain calmed rapidly as his reddened shin cooled back to his usual caucasian color.

Lincoln used what little strength he had in his arms to prop himself up.

He looked down to see that he was indeed back to normal and wearing the same clothes he was wearing before he first transformed, along with the jacket.

"I-I'm back..." Lincoln said breathlessly.

What happened most of last night was a bit of a blur to him. But he still remembered key moments.

"I...killed them?" Lincoln asked himself, sounding horrified.

But Lincoln quickly shook his head.

"It wasn't me though. Right. Yeah, it wasn't me." Lincoln tried telling himself.

He then decided to get back in the house before anyone saw him.

Even if his legs felt like jelly, Lincoln placed his left hand on the back wall of the house to prop himself as he struggled to his feet.

When he was finally able to stand, Lincoln lost his balance for a brief second before catching himself.

He slowly trudged towards the backdoor which he exited earlier last night and grabbed the knob.

"Still unlocked." Lincoln smiled weakly before opening the door, entering the kitchen, and closing the door behind him while making sure to turn the lock so his dad wouldn't have a cow thinking that someone left the door unlocked the entire night.

As Lincoln took another heavy breath, he noticed his mouth was dry and his tongue produced no saliva.

As weak as his legs were he managed to get to the fridge and opened it. Inside he saw some water bottles Lynn has chilled so she can have a cold drink after workouts.

"I don't think that Lynn would mine of I take two. Or five...maybe even twelve." Lincoln thought while opening one up and guzzling down the cool liquid in a matter of seconds, not caring about the loud noise that the plastic bottle was making.

When he was finished with one bottle, he threw it in the trash and moved onto the next. Even after drinking four bottles, Lincoln was still thirsty so he grabbed as many bottles of water he could and held them in his arms.

Believing it would be enough, Lincoln made his way out of the kitchen and into the living room where he met with his dog, Charles.

"Oh, hey boy." Lincoln greeted.

Charles looked up at Lincoln and let out a whimper before running off.

Lincoln was confused as to why the dog just ran off like that as if he was scared of Lincoln. Why would he be scared?