FIVE

05 | OH MY MY

     THE suite assigned to District Seven was stunning

THE suite assigned to District Seven was stunning. It was much more spacious than the train and was very much on theme for their district as it had wooden flooring, bare concrete ceiling with wooden fans, and crystal lightbulbs on the walls. The living space had a beautiful rustic rug with a light beige couch in an incomplete rectangular shape in front of the television screen. The dining area was behind the living space with dinner and desert upon the large wooden table, with metal chairs around it. Sequoia decided to go straight to her room after a long day of being at the Capitol, deciding she's already had enough of it. The rooms were apparently all similar to one another as the large bed was the centerpiece of the room with light beige linen and dark wooden and metal furnishings. Sequoia simply sat atop her bed and gazed out the window which overlooked the nightlife of the Capitol of Panem. The city was bright with an array of color as a various amount of parties were being held around the city in celebration of the 73rd Annual Hunger Games.

Sequoia shook her head and as she stood up, noticing a silver remote on the bedside table. She picked it up and tapped on it once, revealing a beautiful snowy landscape with snow capped mountains in the background. She kept tapping on the remote until a forest appeared with towering red wood trees and the sun barely peeking in overhead. The view was beautiful as it reminded her of District Seven, her home. Not once had Sequoia felt homesick until now, looking at the scenery before her. It had almost made her cry before a knock sounded at her bedroom door, causing her to turn her head when it opened, revealing an exhausted Arvid. "Adia sent me to get you for dinner, again." Sequoia nodded once before turning off the remote, reverting the screen back to its original view of the capitol, and following Arvid to the dining area.

"Well, if it isn't the beautiful flower girl and leaf boy from District Seven coming to grace us with their presence at dinner." Johanna stated in a tone dripping with sarcasm, causing Adia Miro to huff out an exasperated sigh before motioning Arvid and Sequoia to their seats to distract herself from acknowledging Joanna's remark about the chariot outfits.

"I thought they made you both look absolutely stunning. You both wore an exceptional piece from Akio Saro's fashion line. I actually had your team exchanged for a new one this year at the thought of how dreadful your outfits might have turned out. Though nevertheless, you both were amazing, absolute naturals out there. The crowd loved you both, I'm sure you've gained plenty of sponsors." Adia smiled happily before she began bitting into her dinner. Blight simply nodded along while Johanna scoffed and mumbled under her breath.

"I was thinking we could start talking about the other tributes." Arvid broke the few minutes of dense silence as he looked around the table. "I want to be prepared before I face them tomorrow."

"Finally, now we're talking something more my speed." Johanna sighed in relief with a smirk on her face, causing Adia to purse her lips tightly in attempt to cover the bitter expression that was lingering in her eyes. "So, as you all know there will be alliances formed between the districts which is crucial to survival. You will have your set-in-stone career pack, consisting of districts one and two and maybe even four, though seeing as Finnick Odair and Annie Cresta are the mentors this year, that won't be likely."