|13| To Beauty

PRINCESS FABIANNE

Almost Never Single

THE LADIES HELP dress me in beautiful sky blue gown I'd selected to wear for tonight's dinner. Dining together, all of us on a Monday is unheard of. Father and Adaliz were more often busy with the Parliment and their usual meetings. But with Lady Arianna's arrival, it was practically mandatory. The ladies help me fix up my hair into a gorgeous up-do, and apply light makeup for my face. 

When they're done, I'm left with half an hour left to dinner. I sit down waiting by the vanity, doing my best to not crumple the gown I'm wearing. I look stunning, my hair is done in a half up and half down look, the highlights I'd gotten done in Australia definitely did add some volume on my hair. 

My brown eyes were more prominent. It's nothing crazy as black eyeliner, but a very light dusting of brown eyeshadow was there very natural. Very sophisticated. I love how the ladies do my eyeshadow. It's so chic. I'm still working on getting that same effect without help. 

It's while I'm scrutinizing the makeup, I think of calling Elle. I pick up my phone, calling her. 

"Hey hey," Elle answers my call cheerily.

"Hey Elle, have you seen the papers yet?" I ask. My lip gloss shined as I ask her the question. It's stunning. It made me wish that he was here to see it. He would have loved it.

"Yes, Lady Arianna of Greece is coming to stay with you," Elle replies, not at all bothered that I hadn't told her earlier. I technically wasn't supposed to talk about Arianna to her, but I can't resist. It's all that has been on my mind since she's arrived.

"Yes, and she's a piece of work," I tell her of how she went straight for Laurie. How both Jasper and Laurie couldn't stop staring at her. 

To top things off, Jasper's ridiculous suggestion of Adaliz, the Crown Prince, apologising to her

"I can't believe she can't speak french," Elle says at last, "or at least Dutch and German, her dad's Belgian."

"Her dad's Belgian?" I frown. I'm sure if she was we would know. 

"Yes, it is in the papers. He's not Royalty or anything."

"Well, I'm sure our parents knew," I say airily, "She's really strange Elle, you've no idea. The maids were telling me how she only brought all black clothes."

"You'd think the Greek royal colour was black," Elle says in remark, her tone is biting "I saw her picture, she doesn't look like much. It's a pity for Adaliz."

I think back to her face. I thought she was fine. She had big dark lined eyes, a small note and pretty lips. Her makeup wasn't something I favour, it's almost american in how prominent it looks but Elle's standards of beauty have always been high. 

I reply, "I worry for him, what kind of Queen would she be?"

"A good one, if Adaliz would marry her." Elle says, "Have you spoken to her yet?"