Chapter 15: Set the date

"A gentleman only has eyes for one lady."- unknown

Arabella POV

Two weeks from now?

Yes, two weeks from now.

'Exactly, two weeks from now.' My conscience shouted for the third time.

"Gosh, I can't believe two weeks from now I will be getting married, be his wife and be-" I couldn't finish my sentence when someone cut my words.

"Be Mrs. Duncan." I heard the hoarse voice behind me. I can guess the person behind me without turning my face to him. Nevertheless, I still turned my face to look at him. I put both of my hands at my hip and glared at him with an annoyed look. He stood near to me with both hands in his pocket.

"Soon to be Mrs. Duncan," he said, staring down at me since he is taller than me. My head just reached his shoulder where I can easily bite him but I'm still sober to do that. Well, at least not for the second time for today.

"Why would you say two weeks instead of two months?" I asked, irritated with him. Dad suggested two months to prepare for the wedding, but he somehow convinced him to cut it short to two weeks. From months to weeks. Damn, it was so much different.

"Because I can't wait to mark you as mine," he said happily, keeping a close distance between us at the poolside.

"Monkey, donkey, gorilla, chimpanzee-" He clutched his stomach and laughed at me cursing at him.

Surprisingly, his hands pinched my cheeks hard and it made my face turned red. I squirmed, trying to save myself from this annoying guy.

"You look so cute even when you are cursing," he said still with his laughter.

"And you look annoying no matter what you are doing," I huffed angrily. I folded my arms on my chest and pouted, felt defeated every time we argued.

"Oh, come on, baby. Don't be angry," he said replaced his laughter with a smile. He lowered his body and poking his bottom lips out pretended to be sad but I ignored him.

"Can we change it to two months instead of two weeks?" My voice softened tried to plead with him. I looked at him, feigning a sad face, but he just smiles in return and shook his head in disagreement.

I stomped my feet due to my frustration. "But I'm not ready yet, and we have so many things to prepare," I tried to knock some sense into his crazy head.

"And?" He encouraged me to continue convincing him.

"And I still have many works need to complete before the dateline, I need to inform my staff, I need to arrange the work when I'm away, I need to inform my friends and-" I suddenly stopped and my eyes turned wide when I felt something on my lips. His lips. He freaking pecked on my lips while my brain working hard to find ideas to change his crazy decision.

"Now you are quiet," he smirked and continued, "you speak too much and it's all nonsense," he chuckled at his own words. My eyes bulged and my mouth parted in shock with his sudden attack. I can't even utter a word out of it.

"Let me make this clear, my sweet Arabella Dawson. In two weeks' time, you will wear a wedding gown, your dad will walk you to the aisle, I will put a ring on your finger, you will be my wife, change your name to Mrs. Duncan, we will sign the marriage certificate, moving in with me, go for honeymoon and well...having baby if you want," he informed as if he already has a clear plan for our future. I don't even know how this man gained so much confidence and how he convinced our parents to tie me with a knot in a short period of time. I punched him at his chest while he giggled like a kid.

"Uhhh, I really really really hate you," I expressed my feeling,  defeated.

"And I really really really like you," he winked at me and I rolled my eyes at him. I turned myself away from him ready to leave him on the poolside but not before he catches my wrist and makes me turned to face him. I lower my gaze refused to look at him. He slightly pulled my chin to make me look at him but I slapped his hand which caused him to sigh.

"I promise," he said after a moment of silence between us.

"I will not do anything to you without your consent. I know this is what makes you worry. I'm not a jerk who forces women into sex. We will stay together as a husband and wife, but we will stay in two different rooms," he said with his serious tone with his eyes fixed on me. I turned my gaze to him voluntarily and a smile slowly curved on my lips.

"Really?" I confirmed.

"Yes," he nodded his head with a smile on his lips. And I admitted this time the smile was sweet. I kinda like this smile of him.

"Promise?" I said again with my pinky finger. He grinned at my action and held my pinky finger as a promise. Sealed. I don't know why but my heart rest assured me that I can trust this guy even though he always makes me pissed off.

"So, now you are happy with the two weeks' time?" He asked playfully. And now he is back to his playful side again. Not even for a few minutes. Such a bipolar. This guy can't be serious at all.

"No!" I said firmly and slapped his shoulder. Not hard, just to show dissatisfaction.

"You won't regret this. I will make you the happiest wife in this universe and this knot will work like magic that makes you can't leave me even for a second." Overloaded confidence I must say.

"Uh, say who," I mocked at him.

Dominic POV

I followed her from the back to the dining hall. Our parents were busy chitchatting while we spent our little time at the poolside in a lovely mood.

I knew what disturbed her mind about the marriage, so I convinced her that I will not do anything that husband and wife should do. I bet you know what I meant. Naughty!

Well, unless she seduces me and I will definitely say yes with a big heart. My imagination went wild for a while. Deep down, I wish it happen. I shook my head tried to bury the thought away from my mind.

Maniac! My inner voice rebuked.

.....................................................