Chapter 18: Goodnight kiss

"You're my favorite notification."- unknown

Arabella POV

"Dominic Duncan, we already agreed on this!" I raised my voice while I tried to pull my luggage from his grip. We were now at his penthouse which I agreed to move in but with one condition, separate rooms.

"I don't remember anything about this. Do you have any documentation or any contract that can make me recall about this agreement?" He smirked, his hand never let go of my luggage.

"I will tell mom and dad that you are bullying me," I gritted my teeth. He clutched his stomach as he laughed at my statement. I stomped my feet, annoyed with his action.

"Give me back my luggage," I said pulling the luggage.

"Ok, ok," he said then released the luggage from his grip, and because of his sudden action, it made me stumbled and fell on the floor. My butt hit the floor hard and it made me squeaked with an ouch.

"Ouch," I rubbed my back. "You bad boy!" I scream at him angrily but he just chuckled.

"Oops, sorry. I just do what you ask. I think my sweetheart needs my help now." He stepped nearer and knelt in front of me.

"What are you doing?" He made me surprised when he suddenly carried me in a bridal style and climbing up the stair. I wriggle in his embrace.

"Stay still if you don't want your sexy butt to kiss the floor again," he said, halting his step, and lowered his gaze to my direction. I furrowed my eyebrows without uttering any words.

"Put your hand on my neck," he requested.

"No!"

"Do it or I will throw you down.' He pretended to toss me on the floor. My eyes widened and my hands automatically sneaked around his neck for safety.

"Good girl," he praised, brush the edge of my nose with his nose. I flinched a bit tried to avoid him and at the same time, my heart felt like it almost jumped from the ribcage. I can felt my face turned into a red tomato.

"So, are you agree now to give me my own room?" I confirmed, looking at him while my hands holding onto his neck.

"Why do you want to have your own room? I told you I won't do that thing with you when you are not ready yet. Don't you trust me?" I noticed the serious look that covered his face.

"No, it is not that I don't trust you but I just want to have my own space. Everything happened too sudden and I'm not ready to share my personal space with you," I explained honestly to him. I looked at him, but he averted his sight to the front, holding me tightly in his arm. Strangely, I felt awkward with the silence between us.

"..at least for now," I added. He turned his eyes on me and I didn't notice that we already reached the room. I looked at the door and shifted my eyes to him, waiting for his words.

"This is your room and my room, no, I mean our room is opposite there," he pointed at the door that was a few steps from mine. I raised my eyebrows as confusion hit me.

"Meaning, you can have your own room for now but not for forever. After you adjust to our relationship and new life, you need to move in and stay with me in that room. Understand?" He questioned, lowering his body to make his face at my level. I just nodded my head because he looked scary when his face turned serious.

"Good wife," he said patted my head, and let out a chuckle.

"Now, kiss me." I turned to look at him and my eyes widened at his sudden demand. He just showed me his serious face a few seconds ago and now he turned into a demanding guy with his naughty smile, or probably devilish smile suit him more. He moved closer to me but I stepped back until I felt my back touched the surface of the door.

"This is the condition. You want to have your own room then you need to give me a goodnight kiss every night which started from today," he smirked and caged me with both arms on each side.

"You play dirty," I mocked, trying to push him away, but he didn't budge.

"I told you, sweetheart, I never play fair," he said while one of his hands caressed my cheek. I sighed and twirled my head to his right cheek and placed a quick kiss on his cheek. I lowered my gaze as I felt shy at my action.

"No, not like that sweetheart," he said while his hand that caressed my cheek cupped my chin, and forced me to look at him.

"Like this." I felt his lips pressed onto mine. My heartbeat increased its pace and my eyes closed automatically while my mind still can't process what happened at the moment. It was a long passionate goodnight kiss.

"Now you learn."  His thumb gently brushed my lips while he rested his forehead onto mine.

Dominic POV

I stared at her shocked face. Her face was cute when it covered with a pinky blush. She was surprised by my goodnight kiss and it looked like her mind still tried to digest it.

"Go inside before I do more than this," I said to her jokingly. I saw she bit her bottom lips and twisted the knob to open the door without uttering any words. I almost laughed but I suppressed it.

"I will bring your luggage," with that, I walked to the stairs to bring her luggage to her room. I literally ran downstairs to reach the luggage.

"Here you go." I passed it to her.

"Thank you." She pushed the luggage to her room. "Good night," she added, ready to close the door but I held it with my hand.

"Good night. Dream of me," I winked at her which only caused her to stick her tongue out. I laughed at her childish action and stepped to my room once she shut the door. Hmm, our first night which we slept separately in two different rooms.

But you agreed on this! Ah, shut up, you inner voice.

.....................................................