ii. evergreen blues

"in your dreams, akabane."

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚

‧₊˚‧₊˚.

the wind was glazing onto your skin, making your hairs stand up and fulfill you with tingly goosebumps that would be merely inexpressible to form into words. as the joyful family of leaves dazzled through the refreshing breeze that blew right by you to reach the sky limits. there was nothing more tranquil than this, hearing the birds chirp to a melodic tune that'd be stuck in your head all day.

although you thought at times it was a cruel world you lived in, seeing beautiful greenery lie in front of your eyes opposed other thoughts. but you didn't think you'd be admiring mother nature to skip class with none other than karma akabane.

it took a few strings for him to pull to convince you to bunk class and head to the forest near campus to chill (he blackmailed you).

he always seemed to get his way, especially with you. you were thinking you shouldn't let another boy take advantage of your doormat nature like last time.

"over the phone, huh?" karma said to you with his arms crossed to rest at the back of his head, as the both of you were walking deep into the forest layout.

if a stranger saw the conversation you guys had back in the storage room, they'd think you despised eachother. but, it was actually the complete opposite. karma akabane was always the person in class a that was sane, well, sane enough to have a little fun with.

you'd go to him to hangout and have chill convos with, and you two would talk about everything and anything. even your personal lives, which you'd do most of the talking when it came to this as you just revealed to him everything he missed during his suspension. you admit that you were closer to him than the dickwad you called your boyfriend, you wondered if asano had any idea of this during your relationship.

"he's a lost cause. he looks like some downgraded version of me anyway, plus borderline sociopathic." he said with his eyes closed, so nonchalantly tormenting your ex behind his back.

"woahh what are you trying to say, karma? i should upgrade to you?" you got a kick out of the insult, smirking whilst tapping your elbow on his arm.

"ha! i knew you'd be into that, but don't get the wrong idea." karma laughed, opening his eyes at the statement.

oh well, you didn't mean it anyway. besides, it's always fun when you two tease eachother.

you didn't even notice him looking at you as you were longingly staring into the distance in such deep thought, still having that boy imprinted into your head like a tattoo impossible to be ridden of.

"he still hasn't left your mind after all this time, has he?" he says after letting you space out for an unnecessarily long amount of time.

"what? no.. not at all, he dumped me over the phone!" you defensively reply snapping your neck around to turn to him, "why would i have a care in the world..." you trail off to see the face he was giving you: unimpressed and unconvinced.