Chapter Twelve

Elena woke up to Arya shaking her shoulders furiously and saying "Wake up your boyfriend is cAlLiNg you!" She sat up groggily and scolded Arya.

"Well, what time is it?"

"About 1:30 pm."

"And--Oh my god, did you say my boyfriend?" Elena asked. "You're lucky I'm too lazy to hit you right now, or I would." She patted the floor all around her for the phone, until Arya handed it to her.

"Hah, now you have to call him back." A devilish grin played on her best friend's face, and Elena's stomach twisted. She didn't want to call him. She knew if he asked to come help them move in, he would bring his beautiful girlfriend and she would be sad the entire time. She would have to watch them being cute and coupley, and that was disgusting. She wanted it to be her instead.

Elena tried to ignore those petty thoughts as she breathed in a heavy sigh.

"Can't I just--"

"--Call him, Elena." Arya ordered. Elena obliged.

The phone rang only twice before Bryan picked up.

"Elena!" His soft voice echoed through the phone.

"Um, hey Bry, you called?"

"Yeah, I was just wondering..." The line became silent--there were background noises, but Bryan quit talking for some reason. Then, out of nowhere, a heavy breath escaped his lips into the phone and he continued speaking. "Um, you need help moving in?"

Elena furrowed her brows and cocked her head. Was he okay? Something in his voice sounded off. "Yeah, sure. If you don't mind."

"Alright, cool. I'll be there in maybe a half hour with a friend, if that's alright."

She wondered why he didn't mention Amelia, but maybe he just assumed that Elena thought it was a given that she was coming.

"Sounds great. See you then!"

"See you." And with that unnaturally quick response, he hung up.

"So?" Arya asked. Elena shrugged and nodded as she stared down at her phone.

"Yeah, he's coming and he's bringing a friend to help," Elena said, "He just kinda seemed a bit off."

"Maybe he broke up with his girlfriend so he could be with you?"

"Arya!

"Sorry, I was just kidding. But do you think his friend is hot?"

"It wasn't a very funny joke, Arya," Elena responded. Because, as much as she hated it, she kind of wanted it to be true.

A/N: Hey guys, sorry for the really late update (and also the fact that its not very long at all). Something literally just came up as I was writing this and I can't really get as into this story right now as I'd like to.

Anywho, I still hope you enjoyed. What did you think?

Also, if any of you need to ever talk, I'm here. this whole quarantine thing isn't very fun at all, and I know some of us are stuck in places with people we aren't that fond of, but we will get through. Don't hesitate to message me if you need help :)

Very much love <333