Running Right into the Traps

You all were in deep trouble now. You could smell the blood from your position in the middle of the camp, the carcass of the deer swung lightly, it could not have been hung more than a few minutes ago.

That was not all though, it was about to get worse. Looking in the direction of everyone's cars, you noticed all of the tires had been slashed. Everyone was starting to enter a panic, they were all arguing about what should be done next while you held on to Jamie for comfort.

That tall girl stood to the side with her arms wrapped around herself. You grabbed onto her arm and squeezed it, trying to comfort her and she grabbed yours back.

Why was everyone standing around like this? It was obvious this man was out to hurt you guys so why the fuck were you still here? yes, the cars were now unusable and that left the only option of walking down the mountain.

It was the only thing you guys could do now, you would not be able to call the police, there was no reception on this mountain, even with the town just at its base.

You let go of Jamie and stormed up to everyone else, ignoring the stinging in your back where you had landed on the fish trap. You pushed through everyone so you would have their attention.

" Guys, we have to leave NOW." You said strongly, " It will be alright if we stick together, but we have to get to the town as fast as we can, the sun is going to be down soon, so let's grab only things that will help us get to the town, we leave as soon as we can." You took authority, and no one questioned you, they all went to go grab what they could and you pulled Jeremy aside.

" You told me once you had a gun in your car? Is it still there?" you asked him hopefully.

" I did, but when I checked my car I discovered that whoever did this took it." He said grimly and you cursed under your breath. You took a deep breath. You were about to try and lighten the situation however you could when disaster struck.

" Hey Its him!" You heard Lucas shout. You swiveled your head over just in time to see your friends disappear into the treeline as he chased the mystery man.

" Lucas no!" You and Jeremy both shouted in unison before running across the camp to where he ran off too. You were scared with the knowledge of this guy now had Jeremy's gun, but Lucas did not know that, you had to catch him before the other man did.

You and Jeremy pushed through the bushes, ignoring the scratches all of its tiny branches gave you before looking around madly for his shape. There! in the distance! you could see his back as he ran through the trees.

You tried shouting to him, but it did not look like he heard you, or he just ignored you. You and Jeremy took off after his younger brother, running as fast as you could. Jumping over branches and rocks strewn about the forest floor. The wind whipped through your ears and the adrenalin really started pumping, letting you run faster in fear for your friend.

There was a loud metallic snap right next to you and suddenly Jeremy was no longer running along next to you. You heard him cry out in pain and you skidded to a halt, looking around behind you.

Your friend had stepped in a bear trap, and he was leaned over the set of jaws that kept him securely to the ground. You ran back to him as he started to try and pry it open as blood leaked down his leg and onto the dirt.

This man really was trying to hurt you guys.

You leaned down next to him, placing your hands on the bloody jaws and prepared to try and pull before he suddenly grabbed your shoulder and pushed you away, looking at you with wide eyes.