No Answers for You

You clenched your teeth. Silently cursing at yourself under your breath as you fiddled and felt all over the door. It was the only way out of this room, the only area where you could see anything.

The door was locked, and there was nothing you could use to even attempt to pick the lock. There were no weak parts in the wood, nothing you could even attempt to break. You don't even know if trying that would be a good idea in the first place. After all this room was right next to the main room. Whatever you did in here you would surely be heard.

You right now however were in a small panic attack, and all reason was out of the door and far away into the woods. You had hardly seen the quiet man since he spoke to you. He would give you food and water and that was about it.

The loneliness, spending the days all alone in the pitch dark room was what finally made you snap. You had none of the people you trusted or loved with you anymore in the place you were kidnapped.

You were able to handle yourself just fine for the first few days, now you were absolutely losing it. You were silently whimpering as you fumbled with the bolts that hinged the door to the wall.

They were impossibly old and rusted. Slightly loose in their holdings. With great care as to not hurt yourself you slowly were able to start pushing one out of its ring.

They squeaked slightly and you clenched your eyes shut, waiting to hear any footsteps coming in your direction... Nothing, the coast was clear. You continued working. You were able to pull the bottom one loose.

You moved up to your knees, starting to work on the middle one. You jumped probably a foot in the ar and almost let out a yelp when you heard the thunder of footsteps coming in your direction.

You bolted away from the door and into the nest of blankets the man had made you a while ago. You wrapped the top one around yourself like a cacoon and planted yourself against the rest as if you had been laying down right as you heard the doorknob start jiggling.

You shook in the blankets, your back turned to the door as the lock clicked and the door creaked open slightly. Letting a faint grey line of light shine in over your form and to the far walls.

There was a slight moment of silence before the door opened more. More footsteps sounded before there was a slow, methodical, and light tapping of knuckles against the door.

There was no use pretending that you did not hear that, or that you were asleep for that matter. You were shaking like a leaf right now and it was very visible.

With the blankets rustling around you, you turned over to face the tall figure looming in the doorway. His white fish dead eyes glowing like flashlights against the dim light behind him.

He took another step into the room but froze when something metallic rolled over the floor against his foot. He stopped, slowly looking down at his boot that kicked the pin you had just weaseled out of the door.

Your soul left your body and you were not even sure if you were breathing anymore. He looked down at the rusted piece of metal for a long moment before he looked back up at you. An all teeth Cheshire smile creeping onto his face as he tilted his head to the side.

He studied you with hard eyes as you scrunched into yourself as much as you could. Not being able to turn your eyes away from his. He used his foot to kick the pin behind him and out through the door where it linked into something unseen in the room beyond.

You flinched and tried to scoot back as he walked towards you. You did not get very far as he placed a heavy boot on the blanket you were wrapped up in, crouching down to get a better look at your face.