Maple's Nightmare

(Hiccup's POV):

Someone was at my door late at night.  I had just flopped down on my bed from a hectic day cheifing.  It was so busy that I didn't think about Astrid 100% of the time.  I still had my regular clothes on and Toothless had just done his twenty circles and flopped down on his bed of burned wood.

At first I thought I was dreaming when the faint knock knock knock came from downstairs, so I ignored it, but the second time it happened I felt Toothlesses nose rub up against my shoulder.  Then his shnoz got intimate with my ear and I groaned into the pillow.

"You get it," I complained, "I just want to sleeeeep."

Toothless replied with another nudge and his familiar grumbles.

"Fine," I mumble and get out of the bed.

I sulk down the steps, rubbing my eyes and yawning.  Wehn i reach the door I open it wide to let enough light in so I could see who it was.  I quick put on my cheifly face.

"Hello?" I yawn.

"Hiccup?" A restless voice whispers.

"Yes?" I ask.  The difference in lighting from the dark outside and the fire lit room makes it hard for my eyes to adjust, "Is that you Maple?"

"Yes," she says.  A sniffle comes form her nose.

"What's wrong," I ask, suddenly feeling awake.

"Can I come inside?" she asks quietly.

I nod and step aside for her to come in.

Toothelss greets Maple with a warm lick, which drenches her in Night Fury saliva. 

"Toothless!" I laugh.

Maples wipes off the slime without fuss.  She doesn't smile or laugh.  She sits down near the fire and pulls her knees up to her chin," I can't sleep."

"Well, you are welcome to stay here," I say. 

"Thanks," Maple sighs, "Who used to live in the house that I am 'borrowing'?"

I swallow.  My gaze rests on the rhythmic flickering of the fire, "My girlfriend."

"What's her name,"  Maple asks.

"Her name is--was-"

"Was?" Maple asks.

I shrug, "I don't know.  She was captured and we never found her.  I look for her every mornging withToothelss when we take our morning patrol flight, but I have such little hope anymore."

Maple nods, "Dont' give up hope."

I nod, "Never.  Anyways, her name was Astrid, Astrid Hofferson.  She is totally out-of-my-league, but she doesn't think that.  She is beautiful.  She has the prettiest blonde hair on Berk and the most stunning blue eyes."

"You love her don't you?" Maple akss.

I nod, "That obvious?"

Maple smiles, "It's a good thing.  I wish to one day love someone as much a you love Astrid."

I smile in responce, "I just want her back.  I would do anything to know that she is alright and here on Berk."

"Anything?" Maples asks.

"Anything," I confirm.

~

Heyoo! I'm kicking myself for taking so long to publish, but nevertheless there it was.  How did you guys like it??? Let me know by liking or commenting.  New part soon!!! xoxo #schoolsucks #but #Hiccstridislife