chapter eleven

amanda's pov

"i'm so boreeeed!" emma said. 

"you've been saying that for the last two hours and what are you doing? on your floor sprawled around not doing anything!" olivia screamed through the bathroom door.

"well i don't have anything to do! i mean, amanda, do you have anything to do?" she said to me. 

"hey  don't get me involved i'm just editing here," i said, sipping my coffee on emma's bed. 

"hey i know," emma said, springing up and going to her closet.

olivia poked her head out the bathroom. she was brushing her teeth. 

"let's go to san francisco," said emma, hauling out a big-ass suitcase. 

two rides home and several hours later and look what we've got here. sigh. 

we're going to san francisco! 

olivia's pov

sometimes i don't understand how emma could have this idea and me and amanda would join onboard even though the idea is completely bonkers. but yeah, anyway, we're going to san francisco. 

emma lives there. well, i mean, technically she lives in san bruno but you get the point. 

"have we got an air bnb yet?" amanda asked, hauling her pillow in emma's car. 

"liv?" emma asked, raising eyebrows on me as she's taking off her shoes.

"yep, we got one! i think," 

to be fair, emma booked the place and not me. i grab her phone, which was lying open on the console, and check. 

"yep," i said. 

amanda, being the sleepy kid that she is, got the whole backseat to herself (plus her gigantic-ass pillow). emma and i are driving, and although i drive way faster than emma, she's still gonna push through since she knows the ways better (i think. i mean, she flies to la most of the time, how would i know?)

amanda's pov

two hours in the drive and i wake up from my little nap. olivia's on her phone and emma's vlogging. 

"oh look see amanda's awake,"

"hi," i mumble at the camera. emma talks for a few more minutes, throw in a curse here and there and she shuts off the camera. 

olivia's phone chimes. 

"oh hey look! gray's sent me a message," she said. i look over at emma, and we gain eye contact through the rear-view mirror. someone's gonna be a little irritable.

"he sent a selfie with my trainor," she said, handing over her phone to me. in the photo, gray was holding his phone on one camera and showing a thumbs-up on his other hand, together with a man i pressume is to be olivia's trainor (duh). 

a little later and olivia shows it to emma, who doesn't really get a good look since she's driving.

i thought that was the last of it until i look over and see that olivia and gray are talking. olivia's turned her phone on vibrate, but you could still hear it a little over the music. 

emma is obviously not in a good mood now. she's stayed silent and she hasn't talked nor looked at any of us since olivia started texting gray. 

this goes on for a literal 30 minutes or so. either that or that's just how deafening our silence is. i mean, yeah, there's music, but if emma ain't talking then that's silent.