| 6 |

6.

Jane's POV

As I wore my white gown, I strolled the hospital hallway while greeting the personnel and patients I encounter. Arriving at the nurse station, I straightway asked for the medical charts of the patients assigned to me.

"Good morning, Doc!" the nurses greeted.

I smiled back and nodded. "Good morning as well."

"Oh, Doc Jane!" the familiar voice of Nurse Yoora enveloped the hall. Turning my head towards them, I saw how she and Kyung walked together. They went for a quick hug as I patted their backs.

"How are you? You rested well?" Kyung asked, drinking from the bottle he was holding.

"Yeah, I've had 2 days of rest. No work, just continuous sleep." I chuckled. They nodded with smiles on their faces.

"That's good. You deserve it, Doc." Nurse Yoora said.

"Hmm, I don't think so. You still worked on some cases, aren't you?" Kyung's voice exhibited a questioning tone. I smiled defeatedly and just nodded, raising my hands defensively.

"I just read some notes about it and that was it. I swear I just slept the whole day." the both of them just chuckled and eventually accepted my reasons. I swayed my head back on the chart I was looking.

"Anyway, you gave patient Lee Gi Seok some analgesics yesterday?" I asked as I scanned the chart again.

"Yes, I did. He was experiencing extreme pain in his abdomen. The same thing happened to our VIP patient." Kyung explained, making me dart my eyes on the chart of that patient.

"Min Yoongi...." I trailed off and read the paper, nodding as I read his stats.

"What else? They experienced anything else?"

"So far, nothing. The MRI showed nothing. It must've been the post symptoms we presumed." Kyung said.

"Okay, let's visit them."

****

I slide the door closed as we exited the room. We were off towards our VIP patient.

"Your VIP patient must be looking forward to this morning rounds, Doc." Yoora stated as she finished writing some notes on the chart she was holding. My brows crooked at her statement.

"Really? How come?" she smiled suspiciously as she just shrugged.

"I don't know. I just can tell it." I shook my head, chuckling at her reaction. We were about to enter the elevator when my phone rang because of a call. The two stopped their tracks as they wait for me to answer the call.

One of our senior doctor, Professor Kwon was calling me.

"Hello, Professor?" I greeted.

"Yes, Doctor Kang? Please prepare for an emergency surgery. We have a critical patient. I'm waiting inside the hybrid room. Hurry." his voice was serious and almost panting.

"Yes, Prof. I'm on my way." I turned towards my friends who are looking and waiting for my words. They nodded as if they have already read the situation.