| 15 |

15.

Yoongi's POV

Regret; it was what I felt when the next two days passed without Doc Jane.

"I'm sorry, sir. But I don't think Dr. Jane would be able to visit you today. She has scheduled surgeries for the rest of the day and she'll be busy." that was what Nurse Yoora told me when she came for my fluids. She showed an apologetic smile before exiting the room.

Even messages were impossible. I tried initiating the conversations but it's either she will reply with a single response or won't reply at all. And I can't argue with that. Who am I to demand with replies when I showed indifference from our last exchange of words?

Besides, she's a doctor, a surgeon, and she'll prioritize her patients above all. The patients who are in dire need of attention for cure.

Not the patients who are in dire need of just attention. I really hate to admit it, but that patient is none other than me.

Shaking my head, the door to my room opened revealing Nurse Yoora and Dr. Kyung. The both of them were all smiles as they walk their way in front of me. I tried my best to return the gesture, smiling to their arrival. Sitting on the bed, my hospital gown was now discarded. I was wearing casual clothes, shirt and pants with a jacket covering me.

My parents as well as my brother, Jin hyung, and our manager, Sejin, were all present for today. They were helping clean up our things inside the room, packing every clothes, utensils, and food stored in every corner of the room. When they saw the presence of the hospital staff, they greeted them with a bow before following them behind, standing at the back to listen with our last conversation.

Nurse Yoora straightway held the empty packet of my last drip inside the room. She showed it to me.

"Until the end, you were consistent with your medicine, sir. Are you ready to remove the needle?" she asked and cautiously pointed at the needle inserted at the back of my left hand.

I just smiled and nodded. Dr. Kyung stepped up and initiated the process, holding the needle on his hand while a cloth was pressed on my skin with his other hand. The moment the needle was pulled, he taped a cotton on my hand and patted it slowly before standing back again. He smiled when he saw my blank reaction to what he did, followed by chuckles from the bystanders. They must've expected a whine of pain from that. Well, not from me.

"Everything's fine with my son, Doctor? No complications or something?" my mother's voice enveloped the light atmosphere. Dr. Kyung turned towards her and patted her arms slightly.

"Yoongi-ssi is healthy, ma'am. He's safe to go home." he assured with a nod and smile, earning a sigh of relief from my mom. My father just patted her back as well before they smiled at each other.

"Thank you for everything, Doctor, Nurse. Thank you for taking care of our Yoongi. We will forever be grateful." my mom said before bowing towards them again, the same gesture followed by everyone in the room.

"Of course, ma'am. We wouldn't have done it if sir wasn't cooperative." Nurse Yoora nodded in approval at what Doc Kyung said, turning to me before showing a smile.

Looking down, I just listened to their talks and slowly wandered my eyes to the open view from the wide windows. I breathed heavily and closed my eyes for a quick second. My heart was beating slowly yet it was apprehensive of everything. It was as if it was waiting for something.