| 8 |

8.

Jane's POV

Fan. Yes, that's what I call myself. I've listened to BTS' songs back in medical school because they were the hype since then. At first, I liked them solely because of their music, their rhythm was unique and very inviting. But the inspiration was engraved to their lyrics and it was one of the attributes that makes them distinct.

I've appreciated them most when they released their album series wherein it has the message of 'loving yourself'. And that message was one of the best things that happened, I think, in the kpop history. At that time, everyone was experiencing conflicts and battles, mostly, with theirselves, and it's not easy. Each one of us was, and maybe even today, are having war against ourselves about certain things. It may be because of our studies, our work, our family, or friends. It can be anything.

I can affirm to that.

Every line of work that exists today doesn't all come easy at first. We all have dreams that we want to reach and accomplish, and we have to strive hard to attain it. We have to work hard first so that we can enjoy the leisure of success and be a professional in the future. Success may mean different depending on a person's perspective. For them, success may be becoming a professional, becoming a lawyer, a flight stewardess, or an engineer. For others, it may be having a complete and happy family, or fulfilling their hardwork and becoming a world class performer.

As for me, success was becoming a doctor.

It was a dream I wanted to fulfill. I wanted to become a doctor, a surgeon, who helps cure people when they're sick. I desire to be someone who aids people when they're at their worst, helping them to walk and continue their paths, with a smile of gratitude plastered on their faces. And I love what I do. Working and doing what I love is my sole definition of success. And that's my happiness.

But of course, it ain't easy. Sleepless nights, sudden nosebleeds, lose of appetite; to name a few, they were what I experienced all through my journey of becoming a doctor. I had to memorize human blood vessels, every organ, bones, muscles, tissue in the human body, how it functions, or how to cure if it encounters injury. Towering books about medicine, endless notes about biology and chemistry, tons of copies of student materials; it was a non stop process of studying.

Nosebleed, dizziness, and BTS songs were my friends as I walked my path towards my license.

But everything paved well when I landed the first place and topnotched the board exam for my medical license. My family were overjoyed when I graduated the top of my class. The directors and professors of my school chose me to lead the reading of the oath, an oath you can't escape before graduating and starting your career as a doctor: Hippocratic Oath.

All through that course, I can say that BTS' songs were with me. Their songs motivated me to continue and it helped me become what I am today.

Although I was busy with my studies, my curiosity didn't stop me from becoming their fans, eventually. I was totally in love with their songs at first, but my fellow colleagues who were big fans of them, pushed me to search them and be a 'fan girl' as well.

So I searched them.

And that's when I learned who the members were, how they started, how they had arguments with each other, how they planned to end their careers in the midst of their success, and how they strived to become who they were today. If I had the medical apparatus as well as the medicines to heal people, well they have music with them. Music was their way of comforting people, telling them how music doesn't have any boundaries, and through it, they lectured us how you can't love anyone if you won't love yourself first.