18

Her

"Elizabeth! What the hell was a southside serpent doing in our kitchen?" Her mom was usually pretty nice and easy-going, but nothing fired her up more than the southside.

"I love him!" Betty put her hand over her mouth,
"I-"

"You what! You love him?" She narrowed her eyes at her in disgust. "How could you love someone so- so low life?" Betty gasped as those words came out of her mother's mouth.

"How could you say that?" Betty looked hurt.

"You know what happened to Polly..." Alice's voice got quiet.

"It wasn't their fault!" Betty yelled, tears in her eyes.

"She hung out with those thugs, and look what happened to her, I don't want you going through the same path!" Betty scoffed and rolled her eyes. "If I catch you with them one more time..." her mom stepped closer to her. "You're out of the house."  She walked away with Betty teary-eyed. Betty didn't know what to do, she wanted Jughead, but she couldn't have him. She didn't care what her mom wanted for her, Betty knew Jughead was made for her. She left the house and walked to Jughead's trailer. She had never seen Jughead lock his trailer so he assumed it was unlocked, and it was.

"Juggie?" She said softly. She heard shuffling. Betty stepped inside and closed the door. "It's me." She walked closer to his room. He was on his phone shirtless, she looked down to see she was still wearing his shirt.

"Hey." He said placing his phone on his side table. He got up and pulled Betty into a kiss, she smiled into it and then pulled away.

"Wait jug."

"Mhm." He said.

"My mom said that if I hung out with you she'll kick me out..." Betty looked him in the eyes.

"Oh." He looked down. Betty intertwined their fingers, as he looked up at her.

"I want you." She said. "I don't want what my mom wants, I want you I-" she choked a little bit
"love you." She looked up at his eyes hesitantly. A slight smile formed on his face.

"I love you too." Betty climbed on his lap, and gripped his neck, pulling him closer. He sank into the kiss. She opened her mouth for breath, and pressed against his lips again, she smiled on his lips. Little did they know that this wouldn't last for nearly as long as they thought it would... there was a bang at the door, Betty looked over her shoulder.

"Wait stay here." He said as she got off of him. He walked to the window. "Shit." She saw the color drain from his face. "Damn it!" He paced around his living room.
"Stay in the room, don't come out of it! Do you hear me?" Jughead shouted.

"Is everything okay-"

"Betty lock yourself in the closet and don't speak. I'll handle this." He put his hands in his hair. Betty walked into the closet and did as she was told. She heard a girl's voice.

Him

"You look like you've seen a ghost." She laughed.

"Penny," Jughead stated.

"Jonsey...for once in your life you don't have a backup, huh, funny." She laughed.

"Penny, what are you doing here?"

"You think you and your goons can just kill Jonathan with no consequences?" She asked. She clicked her tongue, "well I had this great idea, of kicking you to death, and then shooting you for good luck, you know? Like what you did to Jonathan?" She laughed.

"I did what I had to Penny." He growled.

"Oh yeah? I still have a J carved in my back." She told him.

"Yeah, it's going to scar that way." He smirked.

"You know what else scars? Bullet holes!" She smiled. Penny pushed the gun against his head. "If you don't talk this will be quick and easy." She whispered.

Her

She heard everything, every single word. She dug through his closet for something to defend him with. She found a box, it was filled with knives and guns. She pulled a gun out, and gripped it in her hand. She carefully unlocked the closet making sure it wasn't going to be heard.

Them

Penny laughed as she pushed the gun closer.

"Put the gun down, bitch." Betty held out the gun, tightly in her hands. Penny turned her head and laughed,

"Your little boy toy, is a very dangerous man." Betty shook her head.

"Drop the gun!" Betty shouted, as her eyes filled with tears.

"Betty just walk away, please." Jughead pleaded. "She's right I'm not good for you." His voice broke. "Just walk away and it won't hurt." He looked her in the eyes.

"No!" She yelled.

"Betty, do it!" He yelled back.

"I refuse."

"You should listen to your boyfriend." Penny turned her head to Jughead. She wasn't thinking. Betty shot penny in the head. The next thing they knew was penny collapsing on the ground. Jughead looked at Betty shocked. She looked at him,

"Did I just- is she dead." She looked over at penny, dead and bleeding. Jughead wrapped his arms around her body, as she cried in his arms.

"It's okay, I'm okay." He said, stroking her hair. "I love you."

"I love you too." She managed to get out. She hugged him tighter, she was so confused. "I thought she was gonna kill you." She looked at him, he wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"She didn't, I'm okay." He smiled. Betty smiled with him. He kissed her on the forehead.
"I'll go get Toni." Betty said stepping over Penny's dead body.