26

Her

Betty was finishing up her milkshake, as she noticed Jughead packing her things.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm taking you home..you should move back with your mom..." he looked at her.

"No! She hates me!" She got out of bed and ripped her bag out of his hands. He grabbed it back,

"Wrong. I talked to her at pops, she misses you, Betty." Jughead looked at her. Betty put her hands on her hips,

"If she missed me, she wouldn't have kicked me out." She said harshly.

"I know you miss her." Jughead confronted.

"You're wrong." She snatched her bag from his arms again. He looked into her eyes.

"I'm not good for you."

"Don't let someone with a can of spray paint, ruin what we have, Jughead!" She threw her arms up.

"Oh yeah? What are we Betty, huh?" He rolled his eyes. She put her hand against his cheek.

"Jug." He brushed it off.

"No." "I'm just a person, who cut you twice, made you shoot someone for me, and a boy who ruined all of your northside friendships." He couldn't make eye contact, and he wasn't sure why.

"But I love you." Tears filled her eyes. "Don't you love me?"

"I don't- I can't betty." Betty looked away fro a second.

"What?" She asked.

"Just get your stuff, okay, I'm taking you home." He put his hands through his hair.

"No." She shouted. He grabbed her wrist,

"Betty I don't need your defiance." He said.

"Fine!" She pulled out of his grip and took her bag out of his hands. "I'm driving!" She yelled.

"You don't even know how to-"

"I don't care!" She cut him off. Jughead refused to let betty drive his bike, to her house.

"Here." Jughead, handed her, her bag back. She grabbed it hastily and walked into her house. Jughead sat there in silence, he didn't want to leave betty, but he wasn't good for her.

Inside betty's house
Betty watched as he rode away into the night, leaving her hopeless and heartbroken.

"Betty you're home! I made you pie." Betty rolled her eyes and stomped up to her bedroom. She sat on the windowsill, crying, gasping for breath.

She sat and thought about how weird, her night had been...he was fine, right? She didn't know, but she knew it was somehow her fault. She looked out her window, Archie had been staring at her. He tilted his head in confusion. Her phone dinged, it was a text from Archie.

A: are you okay?

B: no

A: come over?

She nodded out the window. She walked down the stairs.
"I'll be at Archie's" before her mom could say anything else, Betty was already out the door..