Valentines day

Italics: flashback or thoughts    

3rd POV

~Time skip to Valentines day~

Hinata had been pretty nervous for this day. He wasn't that handsome nor tall so he didn't expect any chocolate. However much to his surprise, he had ended up with a few boxes of chocolates. Well, they were all giri choco*, but at least it was something!

Hinata had been waiting. Earlier, he had accepted his feelings because of something Kageyama did after practice (not the meat bun).

~Flashback~

Hinata and Kageyama were walking back from practice and it was very dark outside. They were scolded harshly for staying late and each face had a pinkish bruise. 

Kageyama and Hinata split up at a fork in the road, and a couple minutes after, Hinata found himself in front of a couple of huge thugs.

Of  course Hinata could always try to intimidate them by jumping, but what was that gonna do?

"Oi, who's this little runt?"

"Let's beat him up."

"Wait, first we need to ask Haizaki-sama."

Hinata was quaking and shivering in his shoes. With his speed and stamina, he should be able to run.

And guess what?

That was exactly what he did. He ran as fast as he could.

Right behind him, a tall dude started chasing after him, his hair black and in cornrows with a menacing look. 

Hinata whipped his head back and saw that this dude had a lot of stamina as well, and he knew that he was probably going to have a couple of bruises.

He looked up and saw Kageyama walking home.

What?! How far did I run? he thought.

"KAGEYAMA!!!" 

Kageyama heard his name and turned around with pure shock written on his face. He was face to face with Hinata jumping into him. 

"OI! Boke! What happened?!"

"There's some weird looking dude chasing me!!"

"Huh??" He looked to side and saw Haizaki approaching him. The two intimidating boys looked at each other with tension rising. 

That Haizaki dude broke from his gaze and walked away muttering something like "like Ahomine."

Hinata looked up and saw Kageyama looking down at him. Later, he had offered to walk him home, and they had held hands.

~Back to the present~

Well, it was that and the hug after beating Ushiwaka. Hinata was certainly in over his head about his feelings going between this and that. 

Is he my friend, or is he more than that?

Even Hinata was surprised about that. That he even had feelings for the setter.

He's an idiot

He's scary

He's rude

He's my rival

He's scary, wait I already said that.

While he was exceeding his brain limit of thinking, he saw Kageyama outside the school during lunch break.

As usual, he was drinking from his milk box with a glare at everything that passed by him, including a small bunny that hopped.

Suddenly, a pretty girl approached him holding chocolates behind her back. 

Hinata's eyes widened. A confession?!

"Um, Kageyama-kun?"

"Yeah,what?"

"Uh, could you accept this, please? It's *honmei choco." she said with hopeful eyes.

Of course, Kageyama being very oblivious answered, "Honmei choco? Why?"

The girl looked a bit confused. He's born in Japan, living in Japan, attending school in Japan and he doesn't know what the heck honmei choco is.

The girl explained to him, and right after she finished Kageyama replied bluntly, "Sorry, no can do."

"Huh? Why?"

"I already like someone else."

The girl asked him who, and Kageyama replied inaudibly, of course Hinata couldn't really hear. Just inferred. 

The girl gasped, and Hinata saw him beg. He wondered why. She nodded and parted their ways. 

He wasn't sure if he should give it to him, which was very unlike his general outburst. Hey, he wasn't always an idiot.

Hinata honestly didn't want to know what happened. He didn't know how he would feel if it wasn't him, or if he accepted her.

Suddenly, the door opened and in came Kageyama. He bent and took out a plain looking bag with a red ribbon around it. 

He walked over to an orange blob laying on the desk and dropped the bag on it.

Hinata noticed, and looked up at Kageyama and then down at the bag.

Eh?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have really slow updates when it comes to this story. Sorry......

Sorry if Hinata was a bit OOC. I just kinda thought that Hinata would have some moments of humbleness and surprising wit at random times.

Very sorry...

Oh great I'm becoming Sakurai.

Thank you for your continued support!

Edit: 6/25/20