Joining the scouts

back in trost

" when did you last replaced your shaft?" A male military police officer asked Sasha " after the mop up, sir. That was six days ago." She answered " right.she's clear" a female officer noted, the military police were still on the hunt for the one who killed the titans, sawney and bean " Okay, you're good. who's next?" The other officer called out " i'm with squad 42. Christa lenz, sir!" Christa said" Well let's take a look"

"So now we can get actually get in trouble killing Titans?" Two cadets we're talking about the dead titans" Yeah, it's crazy, but they were valuable test subjects" the first one said "I know that.what I don't understand is why they're trying to find the killer among the cadets" the second said "Right, we are worn out enough as it is from cleaning up the battlefield, who'd have the energy?" The first one wondered

"Guess someone hated looking at the damn things more than I did," Remarked Connie quietly. "The sad thing is that they may have helped the Titans more than anything." Armin muttered slowly. "All that knowledge lost and for what, someone's personal revenge? It doesn't make any sense."

"Well it might sound dumb, but I'm glad they did it." Connie said. "Before I'd actually seen a Titan, I was convinced I wanted to be a scout and take 'em all on. Now I never wanna lay eyes on one again. And today, we have to pick what Regiment to join." he was preoccupied with staring at Jean.

Next to marco, who was clenching his hand' Jean, are you really gonna do it?'

Flash back

As the dead bodies of their comrades burn to crips, Connie grabs his head, sobbing furiously, Jean was standing facing the fire with marco. Just then he spoke "Hey guys, question for you." He asked. Ymir, Krista, Sasha looked up and at him. "So have you decided yet, which Regiment your gonna join? I've made my choice." He started shaking and raised his fisted hand up to his bowed head. He gripped his wrist. "It'll be rough, but,- damn it! I'm gonna join the Scouts!!" He cried before breaking our into shaking sobs. Connie looked up and lowered his hands, while Marco just stared shocked

Flashback end

"Aw hell." Connie said, "Hey Annie? Do you think Jean meant it, he's serious about joining up with the Scouts?"

"Wait! Jean said that?!" Armin asked, bewildered. "Who cares" Annie said coldly "So your sticking with the MP's huh? I'm really starting to think that I'm going that way too." "Tell me something," Annie said. "If someone ordered you to die, would you do it?" "What? Of course not." "Then, my advice is do what's best for you"

"What about you Armin?" Asked Annie. "Oh, ah, I think I might. If the situation truly called for it and I knew my sacrifice might save others. Not that I'd want too." Armin said quietly "So, you've decided then?"

"I've planned to join the Scouts from the beginning."

"Come on, not you too Armin!" Connie said disbelievingly. "I'm impressed. For a mouse you've got guts, I'll give you that," Annie said softly "Well, thanks, I guess. You know, I'm beginning to suspect that you care more then you let on" armin said " huh?" She turned to him confused "It's just, the way your trying to discourage us from the Scouts, your looking out for us. Is that why your joining the MP's? To try to do some good there too?"

"No. Not really. I just want to live. The only person I'm looking out for is myself." Secretly, she was thinking about someone

" just let Latina know I said hi....." she says not staring their direction ' she does care...' he thought

I think I'll let you guys guess who's she's thinking off, hint not bertholt