3 | This is a Family

A LONG TIME AGO, a divine beast named Hiryuu came down from the heavens and became human. Hi founded the country Kouka and became a wise king, accompanied by the five dragons warriors, who vowed to protect and give their loyalty to.

"Hey, there, useless!"

Zeno, the Yellow Dragon, glanced over to Shu-ten, the first Green Dragon, who was perched on a stone fence. The green-haired male wore a smirk, his eyes dancing with mischief. "You're no good at training them, right?" he taunted, clearly aiming to get a rise out from the youngest. "Because you don't have any powers."

Zeno's response was swift, his grin widening. "Then you go train them," he shot back playfully.

Shu-ten's smirk faltered, replaced by a scowl. "Who would bother training a bunch of outsiders? Idiot."

Amidst the banter, Gu-en, the first White Dragon, chimed in with a good-natured sigh. He scratched the back of his head as he shook it in exasperation. "How immature, green guy!" He looked between Shu-ten and Zeno, a fond smile softening his features. "We're family, bonded by the blood of the dragons."

"Take care of your little brother," Gu-en added with a faint smile.

"Tch! Who says we are brothers? Don't make me sick!" Shu-ten retorted, his expression twisted into a scowl. He shot an irritated glare at the white-haired man. "We're just a bunch of strangers who all happened to drink the dragon's blood."

"I completely agree!"

Nari, the first Purple Dragon, interjected from above. She gracefully descended from the sky, her wings carrying her to the ground. "If we were actually related, you might have been at least somewhat attractive, considering my looks and body."

"Shut it, you dirty woman!" Shu-ten's scowl deepened, his finger pointing accusingly at the voluptuous woman before him. "Stop seducing my soldiers!"

Nari let out an amused chuckle, her dark eyes dancing mischievously. "My! I didn't need to do a single thing. They can't help but fawn over such beauty as I, especially when compared to a stinky male like you." Her words seemed to fuel Shu-ten's frustration, his face turning a shade of crimson.

"Don't tell me... you're jealous?" Nari's playful taunt only seemed to make Shu-ten even more flustered. "Aren't you quite the possessive one, Shu-ten? Too bad for you, my heart already belongs to another."

"Y-You!" Shu-ten sputtered in anger, his retort half-formed as his emotions got the better of him.

"My! Are you feeling envious?" Nari's voice took on a sultry tone as she stepped closer, her fingers playfully lifting his chin to meet her gaze. Her teasing proximity only seemed to intensify his irritation. "Don't be so angry now. Perhaps I'll consider giving you a kiss as compensation for breaking your heart. Hmm~" She was met with a swift slap of his hand, his frustration boiling over.

"Stop teasing him, Lady Nari," Ge-un chimed in with a hearty laugh. "He's quite inexperienced with women."

"Keep your mouth shut!" Shu-ten's retort was sharp, his embarrassment turning into a mixture of annoyance and resignation.

"Fu!" Nari's disdainful snort punctuated the exchange. "No wonder he's so red in the face! Don't worry, Green Dragon. I too find you repulsive. You're far too boorish for my refined tastes."