#73 - distant || part two

I feel like Calum's already had a happy ending, so here is the rest of them xx

ASHTON

Before you went to bed, you made sure to throw pillows on the couch and write a note to Ashton, not one where you welcome him home, one that just simply had an arrow straight to the couch with the words, "That's yours tonight."

The next morning you were somewhat glad you didn't wake up to him sleeping next to you and as you made your way down stairs you noticed he was awake and watching the news. Ashton heard your footsteps and watched you walk straight into the kitchen without saying good morning.

"Y/N" He got up and walked to the kitchen with you. "Why'd you make me sleep on the couch?" He leaned against the counter and watched you make your coffee.

"You can answer that yourself." You replied, not bothering to give him the satisfaction.

"What's your problem?" You slammed the spoon down and finally turned to him. "What's my problem? Oh I don't know maybe because my boyfriend didn't come home for dinner last night, that I spent hours making. " You crossed your arms over your chest, "Or the fact that for every night for the past 2 weeks he's done the same thing."

"You know how I've been stressed with the band-"

"No I don't! You never talk to me anymore! How am I supposed to know anything when we barely see each other?" You scorned him. Ashton sighed,

"I'm sorry Y/N. I didn't realise I was doing that..." You could sense the sadness in his voice as he whispered. "I'll fix this I promise." You wanted to take his words and hang them up all over your house.

"I hope you do in some way." You finished your coffee and walked out of the kitchen, leaving him to devise a plan to win you over.

LUKE

You felt your phone buzz in your back pocket and once you saw the caller ID you sighed to yourself. Luke has been trying to get in contact with you for the past 3 days. After you left him standing in there in the living room with that priceless and puzzled look, you went to stay with your friend.

You didn't want to talk to him, but you knew eventually you would have to. When you listened to his voicemail you could feel your heart break.

"Y/N, I know I just called you...and I keep calling. Well the truth is, I'm going to keep calling until you answer. You have no idea what it's like to wake up and not see the love of your life laying next to you and know that the reason its like that is because of me. Look, I know I screwed up and I know you're probably still really mad, but I just want to let you know that I'm going to the place where we had our first date tonight at 6. If you come meet me, then I know that you're still in this, but if not, then I know it's over and I'll help you pack up the rest of your stuff. I still want this and I still love you more than ever...so let's just start over. Please?"

You chuckled at how fast he was talking to fit the whole message.

"What?" Your friend asked as you both sat on the couch.

"Here," you handed her your phone, "Listen to this while I go get ready." You smirked, getting up to go get ready. Once you came back down your friend looked at you and giggled,

"I knew you wouldn't last long." You shrugged,

"I'll just see where this goes, and if it doesn't work, then I'll see you afterwards." With that said, you grabbed your purse and with a hopeful heart, made your way to meet Luke.

MICHAEL

As soon as the door slammed behind you he threw down the controller, not even bothering to pause his game. He rushed after you,

"Y/N! Wait! Where are you going?" He called after you. You stopped walking away and turned around, just as he was a few steps away from you.

"I'm getting away from you! God I was so stupid thinking you would change!" You were quick to turn around and try to walk away, but Michael grabbed your arm and stopped you.

"Please Y/N! I know I screwed up and I know that apologising to you doesn't make up-" You yanked your arm out of his grip and he stood there shocked that this was all even happening. You couldn't believe he was so naïve-he just expected things to be alright after being so distant towards you the past few weeks.

"You're damn right that doesn't make up for how you've treated me-" He cut you off,

"I know and-"

"No! I'm not finished!" You were fuming, it was like smoke was coming out of your ears. "You're so frustrating! You don't even act like we're in a relationship anymore. I feel like you're just using me as something to come home to every night and I'm so mad at myself because I keep letting you."

All of this was built up inside of you and you were finally letting it out. Michael looked at you, still shocked at what was happening.

"I had no idea I made you feel like that." He stepped closer to you, placing his hands on your shoulders, trying to calm you down. "I swear to you that you mean way more to me than you think. I love you so much and I'm so sorry for how I've been acting. I promise I'll treat you better, just please don't leave me. I can't imagine my life without you."

You sniffled. The both of you knew he had one chance to make this right, and he would do anything to keep it.