Settling In

Chaos ensued at Smash Manor as all the contestants tried to get all their belongings and settle into the new building. The new season has started, meaning a new building, new stages, and new fighters. No matter how hard the hands tried, there was always a disorder when it came to settling in. There were the veteran fighters who had either a good grasp or at least a better grasp on how to maneuver during the first week, then there were the newbies who couldn't move five feet without being cut off or tripping on a smaller fighter.

Being one of the original smashers, getting to be an hour early on the first day is one of the best perks given. That and getting to choose a dorm mate. The twelve fighters sat quietly, enjoying the peace and comfort of their new dorms while everyone downstairs continued their mayhem.

By the time night fell on the mansion, most smashers found their rooms and were settling in for the night. The hands just finished signing in all the smashers that were in the building, finally having a moment to breathe. Now they only needed to check in three more smashers.

Not a moment too soon, a bright light appeared, revealing a gate. Slowly the gate opened and two figures walked out: A tall gracious woman with long green hair and a dark angel following loosely behind.

"Ah, you must be Palutena," the hand in charge spoke.

"You would be correct. Sorry about the wait, you know how godly duties can be."

"It's no problem," Master Hand turned to the angel beside her. "You must be Dark Pit," The angel being spoken to huffed in reply.

"I hope it's not too much trouble, but Pit is helping out around Skyworld so Pittoo and I could sign up in time."

"Well since you two are here, I don't see why not, he knows how Smash Brothers work," Master Hand snapped his fingers, producing two dorm keys in the two guests' hands. "These will be your dorm rooms. Goddess, you have a room to yourself, and Dark Pit, you're roomed with another newcomer, Robin."

Palutena smiled and nodded, "Thank you again, until tomorrow." The two divine beings made their way to the hallway.

"Why can't all check-ins be that easy?" Master Hand muttered under his breath.

----

Morning approached and smashers rose one by one. Not surprisingly, Link was one of the last brawlers to wake up. Said hero slowly sat up and stretched, glancing at the clock. Link let his arms fall to his side. "10:30?" By this point his fellow companions let him sleep through Master Hands lectures, it's not like he hasn't heard them before. What surprised him was that his roommate didn't wake him up. Link got out of bed and quickly got dressed, then quietly opened the door to the other bedroom. As the door creaked open, the light from Link's room illuminated the dark space, revealing the bedroom to be empty. "Pit?" Link called out, turning on the lights. It didn't take long for Link to realize Pit hadn't even been in the room.

Link left his room and headed down for the kitchen. The doors to the dining area opened where Link found all the Smashers quietly eating and listening to Master Hand's instructions. Link quickly scanned the room and to his dismay still didn't see any sign of Pit. Instead, his eyes focused on the table where the original smashers were seated. Silently, he took a seat by Samus. Once seated, Samus side-glanced at the boy and slid her plate in front of him. The bounty hunter grabbed extra food, expecting the hero would show up eventually. "Nice to see you up," the blond female whispered. Link smiled softly and ate what Samus gave him as Master Hand finished up his instructions.

"...And with that out of the way, finish up your breakfasts, mingle for a bit, and I want to see all of you in the common room by twelve o'clock sharp. That is all." The floating hand left the room and the contestants quickly broke out into a murmur.