Miscommunication

The next three days went by in the same annoying manner for the angel. Dark Pit thought these mortals couldn't get any more annoying. It's not everyone always mentioning he needs an 'attitude check' that bothered him, he was used to it and couldn't give two fucks about that, it was the glances and other conversations that started happening. The dark angel wasn't one to rant often, but the strange behavior was non-stop. What's worse, on the rare occasion that he did rant, it was to his twin. As annoying as that angel can be, he was a good listener and was easy to embrace if need be. Unfortunately, his twin wasn't here since he was finishing up some business in Skyworld, so the dark-haired boy could be found talking about his day to the goddess of light.

"It is strange that everyone is acting as if you are best friends with them," the goddess noted after Dark Pit finished. "It could be because you are a divine creature, but they already know Pit, and he never mentioned them doing this with him."

"I'm aware."

Palutena smirked, "Oh? Do you happen to know the names of the contestants that have been pestering you?"

"Practically all the returning fighters, but I can't count how many times Link, Marth, Ike, Samus, and that red-headed one wouldn't bug off." Dark Pit paused. "Why?"

"It won't help in figuring this out, but I was just curious." A sly smile started to form on Palutena's face, "I just find it interesting that you know all the names of the previous smashers after just a day. It's almost like you listened to Pit's stories."

Dark Pit froze, "I didn't! Like I would listen to that idiot!"

Palutena laughed loudly at Pittoo's reaction and said angel pouted, a small embarrassed blush creeping on his face.

A small knock got the attention of the two in the room. Palutena got up and opened the door, welcoming her guest into her room. "Good afternoon, Zelda."

The princess of Hyrule bowed slightly. "Good afternoon to you, goddess." The princess looked around the room and noticed the angel silently watching in the corner. "And good afternoon to you too. How have you been?"

The angel in black rolled his eyes and walked out, not looking back. Once the boy left the room and the door closed behind him, the two ladies looked at each other.

"Don't mind him, he's had a rough morning," Palutena said, deciding not to ask Zelda about her comment to Dark Pit. "Come, sit down."

--

Link walked down the hallway, bumping into a certain annoyed angel on his way to the goddess of light's room. Link opened his mouth to give a friendly hello and a 'how are you?' but Dark Pit quickly turned around and thumped the hero on the head, then proceeded on his route.

The greed clad male stopped dead in the hallway, not sure of what that was about, or why he did that. Link blinked a couple of times, shook his head, and kept walking in the opposite direction.

Once Link made it to his destination, he lightly knocked on the door. The door opened to reveal a tall lady, who smiled softly at him. Link bowed at the doorway and the tall goddess stepped out of the way to let him inside. The boy walked past her and took a seat next to his princess.

The goddess closed the door, "It's nice to meet you both," she sat down across from Zelda.

The three made small chat for a while, getting to know the others' lifestyles and personalities. The princess of Hyrule asked if the goddess of light would be willing to take time and talk to them. Being a goddess, she figured Palutena might be able to help her out with a problem she was having with another royal family.

Palutena knew she had an appointment with another god later that day, so she decided to change the topic to the main point of their meeting, "So, what can I help you with?"

"Right," Zelda paused and turned to face Link. When the girl didn't continue, Link turned and gave Zelda a questioning look. The girl looked into his soft, somewhat heartbroken eyes, and decided her problem could wait. Zelda turned back to Palutena, "I'm sorry, but can I ask one more question?"

Palutena smiled. "Sure, what is it?"

"When did Pit... change?"

Palutena was taken aback. "Change? What do you mean?"

"You know, when did he become so... hot-headed and... ill-mannered?" Palutena cocked her head in response.

Link stepped in, "We just noticed he's a lot different than he was the last tournament, and... well.." Palutena stared at them for a while. With what Dark Pit was mentioning, and now this information...

Suddenly, it clicked. Palutena's eyes widened "Wait, you thought-" before she could stop herself, she burst out laughing. The other two in the room stared at her, flabbergasted at her response. The goddess had to hold her stomach from laughing so hard. A minute or two passed before her laughter started slowing down and she took a few deep breaths. Silence filled the room, the only sound being Palutena catching her breath. "Pit..." Once again, Palutena let out a hearty laugh, "Can you imagine, Pit - out of all creatures - being mean?!? Pff," another fit of laughter. "That's a good one!" The goddess continued to laugh while the two Hylians gave each other a nervous look at Palutena's last comment. Did she somehow not notice his behavior?

"I-I'm sorry," the goddess choked, "I don't mean to laugh," she took a deep breath. She glanced at the two across from her and took note of their worried faces. "I'm okay, your question just took me off guard," She softly chuckled again. "I think we're on two different pages, Pit is still-"

"Lady Palutena, can you hear me?" a voice echoed in the light goddess's mind.

Palutena stopped mid-sentence. "Would you hold on for a minute?" she asked the elf-like people. The two stared blankly at her, then simultaneously nodded. The greed-haired goddess looked up at the ceiling, "Yes, what is it?" The young mortals followed her gaze to the ceiling, but couldn't find who, or what, she was talking to.

"Sorry to interrupt, but Zeus is here," her captain informed.

"Already? But he's not supposed to show up for another half hour." The goddess stated.

"He said now was a better time... and showed up with no warning," the captain mumbled the last part. Even miles away Palutena could tell her captain crossed his arms in a childish pout. She smiled softly at the image.

Palutena's smile quickly faded as she remembered her guest. Any other divine being and Pit would have had him or her wait for Palutena, but Zeus was another story. He was practically Palutena's dad, and she knew she couldn't keep him waiting.

"Okay, I'll be there in a minute, go ahead and get him settled."

"Right away!"

The goddess sighed and stood up, "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid we're going to have to postpone this, I have some business in Skyworld to attend to."

"Oh," Zelda started, a bit disappointed, "Of course, your work comes first."

"We can continue where we left off when I get back, it shouldn't take too long."

The princess smiled and nodded, "Thank you, and good luck!" The two Hylians walked out the door. Zelda turned around and faced the goddess, "I suppose I'll see you in a little while."

Palutena smiled and nodded "And before you go, don't mind Pittoo's attitude," she waved and started closing the door. "You get used to it," she quietly said, which the princess barely caught.

The two walked down the hallway in silence, both thinking about the same winged creature. The hero thought of his next move to get closer to the angel, while the princess thought about the goddess's last sentence.