𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 : 𝕾𝖎𝖝

Ashley's Pov ☬

I really didn’t know what Silitha had done to me, I found my self in the dark. I couldn’t see anything. I was walking around aimlessly. Fear had engulfed every cell of my body as time was passing by. I felt alone. My legs were trembling from panicking.

Suddenly I thought, I saw light. I wasn’t sure if I was hallucinating. I ran toward the direction of light. When I reached there, I found a path. It was surrounded by big trees. There was something dark about this path, but it was also alluring to me. It was pulling me. So, I started to walk. As I walked in to this black forest, I started to regret my choice.

Everything was covered with moss in here. I could smell the musky scent of earth. The deeper I went, the atmosphere was getting damp, wet and cold from dry and hot. Occasionally dead leaves were crunching under my feets. Light was peeking through the trees, it wasn’t enough brighten up to see clearly. I shivered from the crispiness of the air that was covering everything like a blanket. Somehow, my eyes adjusted to see through this pitch black. I really had no idea how long I was walking.

A low rustling sound caught my attention. I halted my walk, goosebumps erupted my whole skin, indicating I wasn’t alone like I thought I was. I looked around, I couldn’t see anything. My breath turned rapid as my heart rate increased within my rib cage from fear. I started to walk again. I couldn’t shake off the feeling that someone was watching me, following my every movement. I felt like a prey when a predator watch its prey quietly, ready to attack any time.

A branch snapping somewhere from behind me. Fear gripped my heart in an icy cage. Another branch snapped behind me. The sound of footsteps were coming closer behind me. It was a good time to run, right? I took off running in a vicious sprint. Whatever was behind me, they also increased
their speed. I ran full speed into the dense trees of the forest. I didn’t stop for rest or air as I ran down the dirt path.

I had no doubt that the feeling creeping down my spine was death. But the sound of footsteps, they were a lot of faster than me. Eventually I had to stop running. I couldn’t help it. Air from my lungs just left me, I couldn’t breath properly. I just needed a minute- just a minute to regain my breathing. Then I could ran faster. I took a large gulp of air. I was panting. But luck had just left me, I didn’t get the minute, I desperately needed.

I looked behind me, I saw three sets of glowing
red eyes were watching and chasing me. I tried to push my self faster as they came closer to me. I could hear growls behind me. My knees started to wobble and pain shoot through my body. I was getting tired and exhausted from running. My visions started to blur. My hands were running through my hair furiously as I was frantically looking for hiding spots, any kind of hiding spot. But I couldn’t find any.

'How could they find any hiding spot in the movies? Damn it!' I thought angrily.

Like I said luck had left. Why?! My right feet slipped and I stumbled  forward to the path. I fell with a loud thump on the ground. I groaned, rolled my self on my back and tried to get up. There were few cuts on my hand and knees. My clothes had teared off some places, blood was soaking it. I could taste the metallic flavour of blood, there was a big cut inside of mouth.

"Damn it! Now what?!" I yelled out in frustration and fear. I closed my eyes.

When I opened my eyes, I saw those creatures came closer and stood in front me. They started to circle around me.

This creatures, I hadn’t seen or I knew exist in my whole life. Their face were kinda wolfish but large. The skin was leathery and sticky instead of fur. I could see their bones underneath the skin. Their limbs were skiny and long. They had larger and sharper claws. But most terrifying was their eyes and size of their body. They were huge and bigger than me. I was only half of their size. They started to come closer after they had finished circling around me. I started to drag my self backward. My heart was pounding viciously and I could feel the pain from my wounds. I was going to die.