dogs

He saw her through the kitchen window, smiling brightly with Billy's arm wrapped comfortably around her shoulder

He saw her through the kitchen window, smiling brightly with Billy's arm wrapped comfortably around her shoulder. They were laughing, smiling, joking around about something, her head resting back against his arm, her hair of messy blonde curls fell behind her as he bought a bottle of what he thought was JD to her lips, pouring it into her mouth.

She laughed brightly, swallowing it as she looked up at him, her arms moving up to his arm, which was now wrapped around her chest, pulling her in flush to his chest. It felt like he was imposing on something, watching something that he shouldn't be seeing – he didn't know what Billy had to make a girl like Zep seem so happy and free, and already the compliment he had loaded didn't seem good enough to even add to the bright mood that she was in.

She noticed Scott first, and then him, and he wasn't going to deny the sense of hurt in his chest when she saw her smile deflate. Slipping out of Billy's arm with a small explanation, he nervously cleared his throat, looking over at Scott, whose smile turned wide with happiness as the false blonde made her way out the crowd infront of them.

She was wearing the skirt, the only one that she probably wore, and yet it was his favourite thing that she owned. He didn't have much to say about her style or outfits, other than they were weirdly styled to match the confusion that she was, but each to their own. He liked how it looked on her, how she was still the same Zep that he had come to realise that she was now, but with more pride, more confidence.

The skirt was long, reaching just above her ankles, where her odd fluffy socks and Doc Martins were revealed. It was black, tight across her waist and stomach, straightening out at her thighs, with a long, and tempting slit up the side, he could see her long, pale legs. He thought back to her in the swimming costume from the other day, how it was probably as close to seeing her as she was, with no distorted shape, no covering or bagginess.

He couldn't make out the shirt, another cropped band-tee that she had cut up, still loose on her body, and yet it finished where the high waist of her skirt began. Her leather jacket was either forgotten or left somewhere inside, and her long arms, decorated with small bracelets on her wrists were outstretched, and he quickly noticed how close she was, when she wrapped her arms around Scott, greeting him with a happy hug.

"You guys made it!" She said brightly, her smile stretched so wide, moving all the way up into her expressive eyes, a blush of intoxication ran over her face as Scott pulled away from her, but his hands still settled on her arms. He didn't know what to do with himself, keeping his hands tucked uncomfortably in his jean pockets as he looked at them, his mind overthinking at how she would greet him.

Hugs, physical affection, it wasn't on the plate of friendship for them, and for some reason it was with Scott, but he had always been more confident in his friendship with Zep, far more than he could ever be. "Sorry we're late, Stiles' dad needed a bit of convincing" he joked, and Stiles faked a sarcastic laugh, which caught her attention.