Chapter 2: You have my heart ❤️

Ash's POV:

The sky was starting to become amber in colour. Clemont, Bonnie and I were busy chatting with eachother, having the breeze of the life, as we looked at the orange sky.

"Pika, pika..." Pikachu complained, as I heard my tummy rumbling as well.

"Welp, we sure always get hungry, don't we?" I chuckled at Pikachu.

"I could cook something if you want," Clemont said as he was taking equipment from his bag.

"Alright then! Why not?" I squealed out in a excited manner.

After having a scrumptious meal Clemont made, we continued walking down the path towards Vaniville Town. I hope to see her soon.

As the never-ending journey continues, the sky darkened and the moon was out. We set our tents on the ground and hopefully we can reach Vaniville Town by tomorrow. In my sleeping bag, I kept on fidgeting and fidgeting and could not stop. I decided to get up to take a look at the stars. I lay on the comfortable grass as I look into the flaming rocks, giving off a spark. Sooner or later, more started appearing. Suddenly, I could see like a face that the stars formed. For the first few seconds, I could not tell who it was. My eyes widened when I realize it resembled Serena. I smiled as I stared into the empty void in the sky.

"Pika?" I heard from behind. I turned aroumd to only see Pikachu exiting the tent. He must have notice I was gone.

"Hey Pikachu," I petted it after he jumped onto my lap and just to realise he fell asleep immediately right after that. I chuckled as I look back right at the figure the stars had form.

Serena's POV:
~Evening~

"Serena! Come downstairs for dinner!" I heard my mother calling out.

"Coming!" I responded. I got up from the chair I was sitting in and rushed downstairs with my legs making a thud on the wooden floor as I was running. I could smell the fragrance of the food downstairs.

"You sure are quick when it comes to food," my mother said. "Sure am!" I quickly returned the answer. I sat down on the chair and started gobbling down the food.

"Jeez, you're gonna choke and get fat," my mother said with a worry but carrying a smile.
I ignored her and continue eating my food.

"By the way, do you miss Ash?" my mother asked as if she was teasing me. I immediately choked on my food.

"See? What did I tell you," she mocked. "Well, that was unexpected to say the least!" I yelled at her while blushing madly.

"So, are you gonna answer my question or not?" my mother teased me with a chuckle.
"O-of course! W-why wouldn't I?" I replied with a blush. A few giggles were returned.

The sky has already darkened. I got into my pajamas before hopping onto my bed. That boy was forever in my mind. "Ash..." I thought out loud. I kept rotating around and I could not sleep. Just then, I heard a knock on my door.
"Serena, can I come in?" I heard the voice of my mother. "Sure," I replied in a sad tone.

"Honey, what's wrong?" my mother asked me worriedly. I shook my head before replying back,"I don't know...I just...really miss Ash..." my eyes started sparkling as I tighten the grip on my pillow.

"No worries, Ash should be completely fine," my mother reassured me. "How would you know?" I asked my mother in a depressed manner. "Not really sure how to answer that but something tells me he will come back," 'Wow, my mom sure is confident' "I believe you! And I'll look for him tomorrow!" my mother looked at me with her mouth opened wide. "I'm not so sure if it was possible," my mother said. "It sure is! It doesn't matter how long I'll take. I'll find him! I'll search through every end of the Earth and won't stop until I find him!" I growled at my mother. Out of the sudden, she just embraced me into a hug. Then I heard a giggle come out from her. "I didn't know my daughter is so resilient when it comes to Ash," upon hearing that, my face turned as red as maroon. "M-mom!" I growled at her. "How many times have I told you to stop bullying me!" my mother let out a chuckle before leaving my room. "Goodnight, honey," my mother said after opening the door. "Goodnight, mom!" I responded.