Chapter 7: Head down

Serena's POV:
Morning~

It was the day of the Pokemon Showcase. I woke up early, had breakfast and I guess just using my phone while waiting for Ash to wake up. I was just reading a book in my handphone before decided to practice for our performance.

"Come out guys!" I threw my Pokeball upwards to release my Pokemons. "Vulpix!" "Braixen!" "Pancham!" "Sylveon!" my Pokemons said. "Follow me!" I ran outside the Pokemon center and towards the open space in the park. My Pokemons followed and we began practicing. Little did we know, there was a Pokemon watching us.

Afternoon~

"Bonjour, everybody! We welcome you to the third Master Class performances of the year!" Monsieur Pierre welcomed as the crowd gave a round of applause.

I was very nervous and I could feel my heart pounding against the wall of my chest. I swallowed my saliva and turned over to my Pokemons. "We can do this! Don't you think?" "Vulpix!" "Braix!" "Pancham!" "Syl!" my Pokemons nodded. The others are not here so that they could be under Ash's care.

"Let's invite our performers on stage!" I could feel the ground rising. My eyes could see the excited crowd. I looked around to find Ash but in the meantime, I saw Miette and Shauna on stage as well. There were a lot of performers on stage. "There are fifty people on stage right now! How will this work is that five of them will compete at a time and make it to the quarter-finals! The ten winners that made it to the quarter-finals will compete in fives again! The two winners from either round will compete in the semi-finals! The winner of the two will go against Kalos Queen, Aria herself! Let's welcome her with a round of applause!" the crowd bursted into cheers as Aria began walking down the stairs on the same level as us. I was thrilled to see her again as I wonder what kind of performance she would give us. "I'm happy to be here and very excited to see your performance! Wish everyone here the best of luck!" Aria gave her speech and the crowd exploded into cheers and clapping again. Although I have done this a lot and barely had enough practice time this morning, I was still nervous.

"The theme for today will be trivia! It is important for a performer to have proper knowledge of Pokemon. So now, without further ado, let's begin with the first five performers!" Monsieur Pierre exclaimed which made the crowd cheered on loudly.

I returned to the backstage to see Miette and Shauna there. "Hey Serena!" Shauna called out. "Hey Shauna!" the both of us hugged each other while Miette walked over to us. "I'm so nervous, you can't tell how nervous I am!" I could feel like Shauna read my mind like a book. "Same!" I smiled as I giggled.

"Serena, I heard Ash has three girlfriends when he was in Alola," Miette mocked while drinking her soda,"You jealous?" Miette raised her eyebrow. I shook my head and stuttered,"S-shut up! Just...good luck out there!" I cheered her on. She did the same nonetheless.

We looked at the television and the next five performers are already up. "It's almost my turn," Shauna stared at the TV. "I better get ready!" I nodded as I waved her goodbye.

"Say...who do you think Ash likes?" Miette ask me. Just then, I could feel my heart slowing the pace as I blushed a bit. It feels she has hit the tough spot. I stared at her in fury as I replied,"Not you," I told her cold-heartedly. "Jesus," she responded. We did not speak to each other for the past five minutes until the next set of performers appeared.

"I gotta go soon, see you Serena!" Miette waved before proceeding out. I did not say a word until suddenly, someone went inside. I looked at it and it appears to be a clown-like Pokemon with a disco ball as a head. I was confused before taking out my Pokedex. "You're Blacephalon!" I exclaimed with excitement. The Pokemon nodded in return. "What are you doing here?" I asked the Pokemon. I wish Ribombee was here right now because I did not know what this Pokemon wants to say, besides, it can't even speak.