Chapter 11

"'Gina, wake up," Emma softly said. She touched the crown of the brunette's hair, trying to carefully wake up the brunette.

Suddenly, Regina sat up straight and quickly scanned the room, until she noticed Emma.

"Good morning," Emma chuckled as she saw Regina's confused face.

Regina smiled briefly at the blonde, still waking up. It wasn't her intention to fall asleep, but apparently she had fallen asleep with her head on Emma's hospital bed.

"I wanted to wake you up, as I figured that the position you were sleeping in, was even worse than when I took your pillow," Emma teased. She felt much better today.

"I'm glad to see you doing better," Regina whispered. "Do you think you can come home tonight as they said?" She inquired.

Emma nodded. "Yes, I feel much better. It's mostly my arms and head that still hurt, but I'm feeling quite well."

Regina nodded slowly. She didn't know how healthy it was for Emma to be this happy. Of course, it was great if she started to heal, but Regina was frightened she was pushing her feelings away and making her wall stronger.

"What's wrong?" Emma asked when she saw the conflicted look on Regina's face.

The brunette shook her head. "Nothing," she curtly replied. "Shall I get the doctor to check if you're ready to go?"

"I am. They got here when you were sleeping. We didn't wake you up, because you need rest as well."

"No, I don't," Regina snapped, startling Emma. "Sorry. First thing in going when we get home is making coffee."

~~~~

The doctors insisted Emma getting a wheelchair as her ankles were still red and sore from the tight ropes. Emma would agree to anything if it meant leaving the hospital. She hated being there.

"Home," Regina sighed when she rolled Emma over the pavement leading to her front door.

Emma looked cautiously around and signed Regina to stop the wheelchair.

"Is something wrong?"

The blonde didn't reply and stepped out of the wheelchair. "Emma, you're not-"

"Please don't. I'm fine. I have some scratches, but that's it. Nothing to worry about."

Regina rolled her eyes at the stubborn blonde, but pushed the empty wheelchair forward and inside after she'd opened the door.

"Let's throw that away," Emma said and gestured at the wheelchair.

"Maybe you'll need it later," Regina responded, ignoring the blonde's request furthermore.

The brunette closed the door and sighed softly as Emma came walking toward her.

She kissed the brunette's lips and smiled. "I want some wine," she said.

Regina shook her head. "It's eleven a.m., you're not getting wine," she sighed, "Emma, I know what you're doing."

Emma blinked innocently at the woman in front of her. "I'm not doing anything, I just want to spend time with the woman I adore," she simply said and kissed Regina's lips once more.

"We're not doing this," Regina said sternly.

"Why not?"