Chapter Four

Y/N couldn't stand it, the tension was palpable.

"Maybe I should make everyone something to eat, we don't know how much longer Namjoon is going to be with Jimin and we've all been sitting here in silence for almost two hours now." Y/N whispers against Taehyung's ear, a smirk pulling at her lips as he tightens his grip around her waist.

Such a possessive wolf.

"I don't want you going far, not around people we don't know." Taehyung whispers back, eyes settling over Noah and narrowing when the warlock attempts to smile at him. He can't help but chuckle when Noah shrinks back before lowering his head, fingers toying nervously with the frayed edges of the leather upholstery.

"Kim Taehyung stop that." Y/N chastises, gently smacking his chest. "Noah and Jax can be trusted, they're Jisoo's friends and you need to play nice."

"I didn't like the way he looked at you earlier." Taehyung pouts as he pulls her close, nose gently brushing across the delicate curve of her neck.

"Taehyung." Y/N blushes, eyes quickly darting about the room to make sure nobody is watching which to her relief they aren't. "Tae baby, now isn't the time for you to start scenting me." She hates denying him, especially when he pulls back with hooded eyes and a ridiculously cute pout but this would have to wait until later. "I'm serious Tae, we all need to eat. I know everyone is worried about Jimin but there's nothing we can do until he stops shifting, all we can do for now is make our guests feel comfortable at the very least. I can make something for us to eat and maybe you can ask one of the guys to give Jax their room for a little while? I know Jisoo's magic is keeping him stable but the guy looks exhausted, maybe a nice warm bed to sleep in will do him some good."

Taehyung doesn't want to leave her side, not for one second. Yet he knows his mate his right, everyone is clearly restless and if he has to hear Noah tap his fingers against the leather armrests one more fucking time he's going to bite them off one by one. "Okay, just don't disappear somewhere without telling me and if one of them tries to talk to you and starts asking questions don't answer anything."

"Baby...." Y/N chuckles, eyes fond as she pushes unruly silver waves back behind his bandana. "....I don't think we need to worry about these guys, they're here to help but if it makes you feel more at ease then I promise not to wander off or answer any questions."

"Good, that's my girl." He smiles, pressing his lips to hers before reluctantly pulling back.

"Jisoo? Do you think maybe Jax needs to sleep?" Y/N asks as she gets up from her comfortable spot beside Taehyung.

"My magic is keeping him settled for now, he's in some discomfort but nothing he can't endure. I think it would be best to move him though, if we get him settled in bed then I can use my magic to help him sleep for a while."

"I can help you move him to my room, he can rest there." Taehyung offers, pressing a kiss to Y/N's cheek as he passes.

"Thanks Tae." Jisoo smiles, grateful that the pack have been so accommodating especially when they've only just met her friends.

"Jungkook can you give me a hand please?"

The younger wolf lifts his head, phone long forgotten on the counter as he quickly moves across to help Taehyung. Jisoo follows behind them, glancing over her shoulder to give Noah a reassuring smile. "I won't be long, stay here and rest okay?"

Noah doesn't seem happy with this arrangement but doesn't push it, there's not much he can do at this point anyway and so he nods and settles back in the chair.

"I'll go and see if Namjoon needs any help with Jimin, they've been down there for quite some time." Jin speaks up next as he rinses his cup out.

"Okay, sounds good. I'll take a run and check the perimeter, you want to join me Yoongles?" Hoseok asks as he stands up and stretches.