Chapter 6 - |Ego|

"Behold my Egoism."

The air and the wind.

At these times, he could move away from his problems, and forget everything.

At this every moment, he was free, and unrestricted, as if the chains that locked him on the floor were removed.

A true deliverance, he would say.

And when he landed on the hard ground, he couldn't wait to be up again, aching for this emotion, this feeling.

One more time.

Up. Above. At the top.

more-More-MORE-

"What's your name."

He jumped, but this time, just because he was terrified of the unexpected voice behind him.

A strong, direct, and demanding voice, addressed him. It wasn't a question, but a direct demand, and the guy who spoke really suited the characteristics of the tone.

Just a bit taller than him, but intense and so much unique, standing proud on his feet, and looking bigger than he was. His eyes and hair reminded Hinata of these pink tourmaline rocks he used to study at school.

And just like that, he was captivated.

"H-Hinata Shouyou."

His polite smile didn't seem to interest the other, who quickly continued his interrogation -orders-.

"How high can you jump?"

Oh, a questio- What?

He-He was watching him this whole time?

Hinata felt an intense tug of shame overcame him, and pink painted his cheeks for a long moment, in front of the patient, calm and composed newcomer. Shouyou then calmed down, looking perplexed for a few seconds, before trying to grin widely at the other, his left hand ruffing his own hair.

"Well, I don't know! I just try and reach further each time! It's not like I can afford to know it, since I'm not in any club yet.."

The newcomer fell silent, watching Hinata laugh a bit, before letting an almost imperceptible smile stretch the corner of his lips.

Hinata deflates, feeling clearly insulted by the amused twinkle inside the boy's strange eyes, but blinks when the other opens his mouth once again.

"Won't you try basketball?"

Oh. A real question this time.

But, Hinata muses, this boy wasn't normal. His posture, stiff and strict, the glint he had inside his eyes.. Hinata knew, he felt he was different. Because the smirk this guy was giving him wasn't anywhere sane. It wasn't, it was..