Lost hope

A/N So... this story is not about a youtuber or anyone famous. However, I could not keep this away from you. I wrote this for Mind_Of_Nadia competition and somehow won. :) I was really proud of this piece and I hope you enjoy it too.

Oh also a warning... idk what to call it but its a warning. 

I leant against the silver birch tree and looked up to the sky. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Stay calm: you're giving him what he wants. I looked down at my shrivelled body and the bruises which covered every inch of me. I can't just give in to him, I need to stay strong. I need to have hope.

Hope is one of the things that keeps me going. I know things will get better soon, even if it doesn't look that way. Silver birch trees symbolise hope: I think that is the reason why I am so drawn to it. It also keeps standing no matter what hits it. They are strong, when a storm batters down onto them, they keep on standing; when a car rams into them, they keep on standing. They carry on living life and takes the pain and hardship put onto it. It's just an amazing tree.

I slowly opened my eyes to see the sun setting. I must have fallen asleep. I slowly stood up and stretched a bit. I looked around me admiring the colours all around me. Everywhere had a reddish tint which pleased my eye. I slowly started to wander through the forest not knowing where my feet were taking me. Soon, I heard the running of water in the distance. I must be by the river. I walk down here with my parents and play in the water. Well, I did until... until my dad turned like this. A tear fell down my cheek and I walked to the side of the bank.

With the sun still slowly setting, I dipped my feet into the water. I just want everything to go back to the good old days: no worry about being hit by your drunk father, no worry about being raped. I sat there listening to the surroundings and enjoying the sound of nature. I then looked to where the sun was setting. It was almost down. I carefully manoeuvred myself away from the edge and put my shoes back on. Now for the journey I hate. The journey home.

*****

I cried. I cried hoping to die. The test came out positive. THE TEST CAME OUT POSITIVE! I fell to my knees and cried into my hands dropping the pregnancy test in front of me. Why did he do this? Why was I the one he did it too? I heard a knock on the door: I ignored it. A knock was heard again, this time a bit louder: I still ignored it. A final knock was heard before the door burst open.

"Get up you lazy piece of shit!" he yelled not caring about the situation I was in.

"I SAID GET YOUR FUCK ASS UP APRIL!" he shouted at my face. I didn't move.

He looked at the floor and noticed the test; he picked it up. He turned it around and smiled. "Oh! Daddy got you pregnant, did he?" he snarled. "I thought you told me that you were using the pills." He laughed, "Oh wait! I remember what happened now. They went missing, didn't they. That's a shame, isn't it? A girl aged 16 is pregnant. What would your teachers think knowing that you have had sex at such a young age?" I didn't look at him, already knowing he had a smile on his face.

"Get out," I mumbled.

"What's this? Little Aprils trying to speak?"

"GET OUT!" I repeated pulling myself up off the floor.

"How about we do the opposite. You get out. Get out of my house and never come back again." I stood there shocked but didn't hesitate to move. I ran for the door and ran to the place I knew the most: the woods.

I didn't stop running until I reached the spot. The spot which I had claimed for myself. Bushes surrounded the area and had a few birch trees bunched up together. It was quite sheltered and had enough space to move about. I managed to move my way into the bush and leant against the tree. I slowly cried not knowing what to do. I had to do something. I then looked down and thought about the pregnancy test.

"I'm sorry little one but I don't think you will survive. You have a mother who is only 16 years old, still in school and doesn't have a home or any food to feed herself let alone a baby." A few tears still dropped out of my eyes and I wiped them away. I then looked up at the forest. "I'm sorry that I gave up. I said I would always have hope and look at the bright things in life but there is nothing to look up too. I've tried my hardest. I really have but I can't keep living like this! I'm sorry but I can't keep on living, there is nothing to live for anymore. I will die either way and why not just end it sooner than later." Tears started falling down my face again and I curled up into a ball. I took one more look at the things around me before I slowly closed my eyes. I hope I will be dead by tomorrow. I hope I will be happy tomorrow. I hope I will be back with my mum tomorrow.