Chapter 2.

(A/n) Hey everyone, this chapter is a little short at 1500 words. I like to make all of my chapters at least 2k words, but I am so tired and my daughter is waking up.

So, I hope you all like this chapter and I promise to make the next one longer!!

***

(Unedited)

Luke wasn't my mate.

I didn't smell him like I should have, I didn't feel sparks like I should have, and my wolf didn't stir at all.

I held back the tears, and excused myself to the bathroom with a smile. Luke gave me a strange look but I just smiled in return.

I almost ran to the bathroom, and when I got there, I locked myself in a stall and cried. Cried for the relationship that would end when I found my mate. Cried for the life that I wanted, but couldn't have. Cried for Luke, and how hurt he would be when he found out we weren't mates.

I cried hard for everything I wanted; but would never have.

I heard the door open, and I held the loud cry my body was trying to force out.

"Royalty?" My mother's voice echoed in the quiet bathroom. I unlocked the door and ran into her arms. "Oh honey, it's okay. I'm so sorry." She said, rubbing my cheek with her hand.

Tears streamed down my face and fell onto my dress. I'm sure my makeup was smeared, but at the time, I didn't care. I didn't care about the dinner, or the people waiting to wish me a happy birthday. It wasn't a happy Birthday, it was a destroyed birthday; and I wish it wasn't time for it yet.

I wished that I would walk out there, and feel the mating sparks when I touched Luke. I wish I could smell the dreamy mate smell on him when I was near him.

I wish he was my mate.

My mother pulled back from me, and wiped the tears from under my eyes. "Even though Luke isn't your mate, doesn't mean he doesn't love you the same." She said, wiping my face again.

"Does he know?" I asked, watching my moms face. She nodded her head, and the tears flowed down my face again. He knows, and his heart is probably broken.

"Let's wipe your face, and go back out there so you can see him, sweety. He is worried about you." My mom said, pulling me towards the mirror.

I looked at myself, and seen that only a little mascara was smeared. I wiped it off with a paper towel, and I looked good as new. I made myself stop crying, and followed my mom out of the bathroom.

Luke was standing outside of the bathroom waiting for me with a worried look on his face. When he seen me, he held his arms out for me. I ran into them and he hugged me tightly.

"Shh, it's okay baby." He said, sweetly. I wanted to cry again, but stopped myself. Crying wouldn't solve anything, and only make Luke feel worse.

Luke pulled back slightly and looked at my face. His green eyes looked sad, and my heart broke again.

"This is so unfair and not right, Luke." I whispered. His eyes softened.

"It's okay, Roy. You still have me, and will until you find your mate." He struggled to get the last word out, and tears swelled in my eyes. I blinked a few times to keep them from spilling over.

"I want you to be my mate." I told him honestly. He smiled faintly at me.

"I'll always be your best friend, and the guy who loves you. No matter what, I will always be here for you." Luke says to me.