Chapter 4.

(Unedited)

I sat on my bed with my phone in my hands. I was not ready to face Luke yet, but he kept calling and texting me.

I unlocked my phone, and clicked on the messages;

Luke: Royalty, where did you go?

•Please answer the phone.

•Roy, I love you, you know I do. Please let me explain.

•Your family is worried, please answer the phone.

*hour later*

•When you get this, please call me. Your mom said she had your phone. Where are you Royalty?

•I'm sorry for ruining your birthday.

*This morning*

•Are you home yet?

•Please talk to me...

•Okay Royalty, I'll let you get some space.. please talk to me when you're ready.. I love you.

I couldn't read all of the messages because there was so many. My heart filled with pain and dread as I began to text him back.

Me: I'm home now, Luke. I did need some time to think, and still do. I'm sorry for worrying you. I love you too... still.

I hit send, and waited for him to reply; which didn't take longer than a minute.

Luke: I was so worried about you. I'm glad to hear you still love me, I thought you hated me. I understand you need some time to think, but I need to explain myself.

Me: Hate you? I could never hate you.. Give me a few days.. I'm still hurt.. I'll text you when Im ready to talk.

Luke: Okay, I love you Royalty. Take all the time you need.

I didnt text him back, even though I wanted to. I wanted to tell him to come over, and make up; but he hurt me, and my wolf was purring for someone else.

Jace popped into my mind, and I sighed. My wolf grew excited as I thought about our mate. Alpha Jace was our mate, it didn't seem real. This kind of stuff only happens in fairytales, and to girls who are lucky. I am not a lucky girl, until now, I guess.

I laid down in my bed and stared at the ceiling. I'm not a bad guy. Jace's words echoed in my head. Maybe he wasn't a bad guy, but could I really get over Luke? Jace is my mate, and he is the man that I am destined to be with.

My father is ecstatic that Alpha Jace is my mate, my mother is happy; but wants me to do what is best for me, and Timothy? Well, Timothy is Timothy.

My mind is confused, and my heart is telling me that I know what to do, but do I really?

****

Loud laughter erupts from downstairs. I groan as I sit up in bed, and rub my eyes. I look at my phone, its nine-thirty. Can't I ever sleep in?