3) - Into the Depths

Shay's POV:

There are things you simply should never say. The phrase 'it can't get any worse', is a good example. My sister's line 'How much scarier could it be' is another great example.

I screamed and fell on my butt, paralyzed by fear and horror as I looked at the Ink demon, who stood on the other side of the boarded up doorway that led to the Ink Machine. Unlike the game, he had managed to grab Henry, and hold him by the throat with his right hand, while his four-fingered, gloved, left hand rested on a wooden board. He was much, much, scarier than his counterpart in the game.

For starters, his inky body was more detailed, and looked like it was trying to mimic skin. The brief glimpse I got of his back revealed a more realistic, yet spiky spine, as it produced endless wisps of black inky smoke. Both his bowtie and his glove were somewhat stained with ink, and his wide grin had a full set of terrifyingly realistic teeth. Finally, the ink-like masses that covered the area looked more like actual ink.

Just when I thought the Ink Demon couldn't be any more terrifying, he spoke. "Hello father." He uttered to Henry. His voice, proving to be terrifying. "Welcome home. Thanks for bringing those two with you. They'll be nice... pray." The demon then laughed, which proved to be nightmare fuel.

My sister forced me to my feet before she jumped-kicked the demon's arm, forcing him to let go of Henry. Pipes started to burst and the floor was flooded with ink as a result. May then grabbed both of us. "We're getting the heck out of here!" She exclaimed, then the three of us ran towards the exit. When it was in sight, the door was open and we could see the streets of New York. We sprinted towards it when the floor beneath us broke, and we fell into the depths of Joey Drew Studios...

***

May's POV

I landed on the floor first, then my sister landed next to me, and Henry landed last. Unfortunately Shay's right leg broke his fall, while the fall broke her leg.

"OW!" She screamed in pain.

I shot to my feet. "Move!" I growl at Henry, who fearfully obayed. I then effortlessly picked up Shay, and held her in my arms.

"Need any help?" Henry asked.

I smirked as I shook my head. "No I don't. Holding her is easy for me. Plus she really enjoys it when I hold her." We watched as Shay made herself comfortable in my arms. I chose to ignore the weird look Henry was giving us.

I am a lot stronger than I look. I regularly exercise, and have held me sister in my arms on many occasions throughout her entire life. The only reason I still do it is because of how much she enjoys it. However a couple of times I have overheard her wishing to be shorter so it wouldn't be as awkward. Meanwhile I'd be perfectly happy if I didn't have to where these stupid heels. I thought. I hate heels.

After Henry turned a nearby valve and drained the ink, we were about to leave the room when Shay pointed at Tom's audio log. "Can we listen to it?" She pleaded, using the puppy eyes tatic.

I sighed. "Fine." I walked over to it so she could press play.

Thomas Connor:

"It's dark and it's cold and it's stuck in behind every single wall now. In some places, I swear this godforsaken ink is clear up to my knees! Who ever thought that these crummy pipes could hold up under this kind of strain either knows something about pressure I don't, or he's some kind of idiot. But the real worst part about all this.. are them noises the system makes. Like a dying dog on its last legs. Make no mistake, this place... this... machine... heck, this whole darn thing... it just isn't natural. You can bet, I won't be doing any more repair jobs for Mister Joey Drew."