9) - Trust & Lunch

Henry's POV

When I met Shay and May, they were nice, but a bit weird. However with them butting heads over this Susie situation, life in the Safehouse was becoming a bit awkward. I walked over to May. She and I were the first ones awake.

"How are you doing?" I asked her.

"Fine." She sighed. "Yesterday gave me an opportunity to clear my head, but I still don't know what to do about my sister."

"Honesty, I think that you should let Shay make her own decisions." I tell her. "She's a very capable adult. Not to mention that Susie did save us from being sacrificed to Bendy."

"I know, but I worry." She sat down at the table. "I single handedly raised my sister. In a way, she's practically my kid." She let out another sigh. "There's also the fact that I simply don't trust Alice."

"Then trust your sister." I offer. "Otherwise you might push her away."

She nodded. "I'll try. Thank you Henry."

I smiled. "No problem. Anything for a friend."

***

Shay's POV

"We need to talk." May declared after waking me.

I nodded, and followed her to her room, and sat on her bed. "What's up?"

"I know we haven't been getting alone when it comes to Al... Susie." She said, reluctantly using Susie's name instead of calling her Alice. She then sat next to me. "I'm scared Shay. I'm scared of losing you. In some ways I can't help but see you as my kid, instead of my sister. I just want to keep you safe."

"I'm not a kid anymore." I pointed out. "I'm capable of taking care of myself. So please, just trust me."

"I do trust you sis, but I don't trust her. I look at her, and all I can see is a psychopath. I honestly don't know what you see in her."

I then had an idea. "Susie, do you have any plans for today?"

"Not really. Why?"

"Well I'm thinking of doing the meet the parent thing."

I could tell she was skeptical about that. "The biggest problem I can see with that is the fact that the person who is practically your mom, can't stand me."

"The problem is that she doesn't see the same person as I do." I reasoned. "I want her to like you, so she needs to meet you as my girlfriend."

Susie sighed. "Very well, but I'm against it. Let's meet up in the lunchroom on level 11. I'll send Shadow and Angel over to act as your escort. They'll keep you safe."

"Shadow and Angel?" I asked.

"You'll see when they get there. See you at lunch my love."

I turn to my sister. "We'll be having lunch with Susie in the lunchroom on level 11." I declared. "She's against it, but has agreed to it."

"How...?"

"We'll discuss it during lunch." I promised.

----

As it turns out, Shadow and Angel were a pair of inky hellhounds. They scared the crap out of Boris, who passed out after seeing them. However, they were rather friendly towards us.

"Hellhounds. She has hellhounds." May muttered. She then let out a sigh. "Okay then. I don't know how you're able to talk to her, but let her know that we're taking the safehouse's elevator to level 11. Don't worry, I know the way."