7) - Kate's Karma

Susie's POV

Four weeks passed, and I only got a handful of opportunities to visit Shay. So for the most part, we've been using our bond to talk to each other. I've learned a lot more about her, the world she's from, the wish she made, and her confusion regarding how this wish has changed and continues to change her sister and herself. I agreed with May that they're gaining new memories, not having them altered. May still doesn't know about the connection Shay and I have. From what I've been told, it's probably for the best.

On a sad note, for the past few days Shay's been feeling a bit depressed regarding that Kate woman, and it frustrates me that I haven't been able to comfort her in person. Except for the night this depression started. One night, I was in bed when she asked me something alarming...

----

"Susie, I need you." She seethed with a worrying level of sorrow. "I just remembered everything Kate did to me the night I made that wish."

I got out of bed immediately, and ran. The safehouse door was open, when I got there, and Shay dove into my embrace. She buried her face in my chest and burst into muffled tears.

Pure unbridled rage boiled within me. This told me everything I needed to know. I took a deep breath, and exhaled. "I'm here." I assured her. "I've got you."

----

Ever since that night, she hasn't talked to me once, and my hatred towards Kate has only grown because of it. It was obvious she had liked Kate, and this had shattered her heart completely. Fortunately I figured out how to get to Shay's world, and I was able to use Sammy's heart to do it. Since it was fitting, I also had the knife I used to open him up as well. Once I was ready, I went to the place I first met Shay, the ritual room.

I sat on my knees in the middle of the circle, with the candles lit. Sammy's heart at my knees. In my mind, I focused on Kate and the description of her Shay had told me. I thought about how Kate had used Shay, manipulated her, lied to her, and worst of all, broke her heart. No words could describe how this made me feel. I could use outraged, enraged, furious, or even livid, but none of them come close describing it. It's anger words can't ever describe, and I felt it because I know exactly how it feels.

Before Joey Drew killed me, I was used, I was manipulated, I was lied to, and I had my heart broken. So the fact that someone did the exact same thing to the woman I love is maddening. It's unforgivable. Kate must pay. I closed my eyes. Kate will pay, I vowed, then began the ritual by speaking the words I had carefully crafted for this.

"Vos fregit purissimo anima corde, iam vos reddet cum vita tua. Scitis nihil amoris, tantum abusus et flexibus. Ego sententiam te vagari hoc mundo, ut fragiles esse." I uttered, every single word filled with all of the anger I felt. AN: The translation for the latin will pop up later on.

When I spoke the final word, I used all my strength to slam the knife into the ink heart.

For a moment, nothing happened. Then the room shook as ink flowed into the room. It started pouring onto the heart as it rose into the air, the knife still in it. There were a few flashes of blinding light, then a portal opened, and revealed what appeared to be a living room.

I grinned as I stood up. "It worked."

Kate's POV

Two weeks. That's how long May and Shay have been missing, and nobody knows what happened to them. My personal opinion was that May simply left the city, took her sister with her, and chose not to tell anyone. However, I've been accused by one of May's friends of doing something to them since I had left their apartment early in the morning on the day they disappeared. I'm innocent, but does she believe that? Nope. Neither do the cops annoyingly enough. It's been making my life difficult.