Old Chapter 1

Arcana Era 1612

Atlus Academy is the most prestigious school for magic in this part of the world. With eleven departments, each focuses on one specific element. Those who make it through the selection process and attend the school end up becoming prominent members of society that help foster the next generation. On that note, the selection process is the toughest one there is. You will have to register your element and weapon that you use. If you have more than one, you have to list those as well. Once that is over, you will be put into your perspective departments exam. If people with more than one element register, you can choose which department exam you can take. After that, you'll have to get your mana measured. The measuring of mana is to see if you'll be able to handle day to day activities while you attend your classes. Next, you'll take part in a combat practice with a golem. Your battle prowess will be tested and you won't be allowed to use magic. You'll need to rely on nothing but your skill and your instincts. The battle last three minutes and there are three different ways for the test to end. You either beat the golem, get defeated by the golem or the time runs out. When all of the test are done, there will be a one week waiting period for the results of who made it into the school. After the results are posted, there will be one last test for those who made it. A battle royal. This battle royal is to determine your rank out of all the students in your class. Rank is an important thing in Atlus Academy because without it you have no power. The higher your ranking is, the more say you have. Not only that, but you also get certain benefits when you have a high ranking.

When you attend Atlus Academy, you learn the very foundations of magic and its history to help guide you on your path through magic. You strengthen your knowledge of the arts to help build your own unique magic that suits you and your way of living. You sharpen your instincts to help prepare you for the cruelness of the world and keep you safe against the beast and bad people in the world. During your six years at Atlus Academy, you will be shaped into an outstanding mage that chooses their own path in life for the good of society.

___

My surroundings were shrouded in darkness. You could hear the sound of the wind rushing against the window. Soon after, my eyes were met with the bright world outside. You could see Magic City from my view. Who knew that the neutral kingdom could be the most advanced out of the others. Well, it is home to the infamous Atlus Academy. Magic City, the most advanced city and capital of Alterria. While the other kingdoms have royal families, Alterria is different. There is a group of people who maintain the kingdom and they are know as The Round Table. The Round Table is made up of the mayor, the captain of the knights, the head merchant, the guild master of the adventurer's hall, the archmage and the the headmaster of Atlus Academy. You would think that they would have so many problems from having all those people be in a position of power.

"Enough of that," I said to myself quietly. "I have more important things to think about."

Atlus Academy. I wonder what it's like. Considering the fact that I made the journey here just to attend, I hope everything goes smoothly. Who knows what kind of people you'll run into. I'm honestly excited. Having traveled quite a bit, I'm finally going to be able to live a normal life.

There was an announcement that rang from the train speaker. It drew me out of my concentration, but I was a little thankful for that. I sometimes tend to concentrate on a lot of things. A kind of habit I developed because of the life I lived until now.

"Now approaching Magic City. Now approaching Magic City. Please gather all of your belongings and prepare to leave."

Since I didn't have much, I gathered my backpack and satchel and waiting for the train to arrive at the station. After what seemed to be twelve minutes we finally arrived. I got off that train and exhaled.