Old Chapter 5

Amelia Ignis' Point of View

To think that some commoner would talk back to me. He better hope I don't find out who he is. I've had enough to deal with already. It was hard persuading uncle to let me attend school here, but it was worth it. I also heard that some other royals will be taking the exam. I was sent a letter to join them for tea on Monday, but that doesn't really give me much time to enjoy the city. I know after that tea session I'll get invited places. Although I don't want to do it, I have to. For the sake of my goal I must.

I made my way back to the carriage and instructed the coachman to take me back to my hotel. After a few minutes we arrive and I make my way to my room. I place my rapier down and lay out on my bed. I lay there thinking about what would happen if I didn't get into Atlus Academy. Just the thought alone scared me. Lost in thought I was brought back by the sound of knocking on my door. I got up and went to answer it to find a very unexpected guest.

"Hey Amelia. Long time no see," they said.

"What are you doing here Lance?" I asked. "I thought you were meeting someone."

"I was," he said. "However, they canceled on me. I had nothing else to do so I thought I would come visit my most interesting friend."

"Visit or spy?" I said.

"Don't act like that," he said. "You are my friend. Just because I happen to report to your cousin every now and then doesn't mean I'm a spy."

"Lance that's exactly what it means," I said.

"Don't sweat the details Milly," he said. "Can I come in?"

I motion for him to come in and he immediately went for the couch in the dinning area. He made himself comfortable really quick. I closed the door and made my way to a seat.

"So how do you think you did?" he asked.

"I'm sure I did well," I said. "Although, there was something that bothered me before I took it."

"Oh? And what was that?" he  asked.

"There was this commoner who talked back to me," I said annoyed. "I just couldn't understand how he didn't care."

"Milly Milly Milly," he said. "You can't expect for your position in royalty to mean everything. When you become a student of Atlus your status means nothing. You can only rely on your own strength."

"That still doesn't explain why he had the nerve to talk back," I said.

"Well," he said. "Maybe he's someone who holds more power than you. You can never be too sure these days."

"That can't be right," I said to myself. "I'll just deal with it when the time comes."

"That's the spirit. Now, what do you want to do since I came all the way here?" he asked.

"I don't know Lance," I said. "I might want to look around the city today and rest tomorrow."

"Alright then," he said. "Let's go. There's no time to waste."

Lance got up and grabbed me by the hand and we rushed out the door. He dragged me all over town to different places. We visited clothing shops, jewelry stores, and even a famous blacksmith store. It quite interesting. I had the chance to get a new rapier from there. And not just any rapier; a magic rapier. I could infuse mana into it and activate spells with it. It was something I could use so I got it. Even though it was quite expensive I had to get it. The Iron Hammer was known for its quality and I was quite satisfied with it.

We eventually made our way back to the hotel and Lance still looked like he had energy to spare. He walked me in and that was the last I saw him until Monday. After my shower I decided to test out my new rapier. It had a nice silver blade with a very sharp point. I did a couple of practice swings and found that it's a little lighter the it looks. I just have to use strength when I want to preform a strong strike. I put it away and head to bed. I just hope that Monday comes soon so I can get this meeting over with.