𝟐𝟑: 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

kyoko.

ˢᵉᵃˢᵒⁿ ᵗʷᵒ | ᵉᵖⁱˢᵒᵈᵉ ⁿⁱⁿᵉ

chapter twenty-three: 𝔨𝔢𝔢𝔭 𝔣𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤

The three strode back to the bleachers once again, sitting down

The three strode back to the bleachers once again, sitting down. Ashido informed Kyoko that Kirishima and Tetsutetsu drew, as both had been knocked out at the same time.

"This might be the most disturbing match-up," stated Asui, holding a finger in front of her mouth.

"I know," agreed Jiro, hugging herself with her arms. "I almost don't wanna watch it."

From the entrances rose Uraraka and Bakugo. Iida and Midoriya gasped at Uraraka's pride, as she briskly walked out. Kyoko just watched her over like a proud mother. The fires swayed up in the air again, for the final time in the round of sixteen.

"The eight and final battle of the first rounds of matches!" exclaimed Present Mic. "He was kind of a hot shot in middle school, and just look at that determined face! From the hero course, Katsuki Bakugo!" Present Mic announced as the crowd behind him was roaring at the name of the explosive blonde. His teeth gritted and his brows arched down. He looked menacing and extremely serious. "Versus! Uh, who I'm personally rooting, also from class 1A, Ochaco Uraraka!" Present Mic presented the autumn haired girl. The crowd cheered for the girl, who sighed. She seemed nervous, who would not be when fighting against the blonde?

Bakugo was snarling and spitting at the girl, like he usually does with everybody else, but that scene was just painful to watch. It was almost unbearable to know, acknowledge and recognize the fact that Uraraka had an almost secure loss, and it made Kyoko's heart ache.

"Midoriya," Iida spoke out of the silence. "I'm curious, what was that strategy you came up with that would give Uraraka an advantage against Bakugo?"

"Honestly," the green haired boy looked at his notebook, scraped and burnt through the corners. "It wasn't really much of a plan. Kacchan's so strong... when it comes to close combat, he almost never has any openings. And the more he moves, the more he sweats, which just makes his quirk more powerful. He's gotten really good at using his explosions to move around in air, but if Uraraka is able to touch him, she can use her quirk to make him float. She could send him out of bounds! That's why it's obvious what Uraraka needs to do to get the upper hand."