SIX

Dear Grandpa Lupin,

Sorry I wasn't able to write to you sooner, I've been caught up with the beginning of school. Dad was asking me for advice on his lesson plans non-stop, he said he's trying to seem cool to the new generation. As I hear it, he was pretty cool in his youth. Did you know he tried to come up with some tale of being a trouble maker to get me to have fun? I almost believed it just to let him feel like he's won for once.

Besides that, life at Hogwarts has been alright. Esther is as exhausting as usual. This time, she's trying to set us up with these red-headed twins in our year. Apparently, using someone for their parentage means the same thing as flirting to her, but I won't go too deep into that.

Speaking of red heads, I've got to make you this carrot and squash stew I had at the welcoming feast. It sounds odd, but it was amazing!

Enough about me, how have you been? Found any new hobbies? I wish I could come visit you more often, I know how boring it gets being home alone for so long. I promise that Dad and I will try our best to come visit you for Christmas.

Sending the biggest hug,
Your favourite Granddaughter

Dear Hopey,

You better not forget to write to me again, or I'll come to the castle myself. You know I can't go long without hearing from my favourite granddaughter. Even your father writes to me more often than you.

Also, you might want to start listening to you Dad for once. Believe it or not, he was pretty popular back in his day. Mostly thanks to his rambunctious friends. I'm both surprised and relieved you aren't as mischievous as they were. 

On the note of Hogwarts, I'd expect it to more hectic with that Sirius Black running about. I heard he's been making his way there, looking for a certain someone. You better stay careful. Those twins better stay careful as well, I'm not letting just anyone date my only granddaughter.

I've been well these past few weeks, keeping as busy as an old man can. Some locals have started a chess tournament, and everyone is pitching in prizes. I can't wait to school them with my wizards chess skills and win that new tableware set.

Awaiting that delicious stew,
Your favourite Grandfather