47- Questions and answers...

This is gonna be a long night....

Felix pouted as he left his arm alone. He went back to watching the screen, but kept wiggling and shifting in Chan's lap, which was quite distracting for the older.

Chan grabbed his hips to keep him still.

"Kitten...why do you keep moving?"

"I don't like this IV thingy Channie..." he whined as he continued to shift and move. Chan had to hold back an unintentional groan as Felix was bouncing on his crotch.

For the love of-

"Sweetheart, stop moving" he gripped his hips tighter, but Felix turned to look at him with a pout.

"Channie...I want the IV out..." he whined and meowed even louder, scratching at his arm again.

Chan grabbed his arm, pulling it away as he kept it pinned down to the bed.

"Felix, I told you to stop that. I'm not gonna say it again" Chan said sternly.

Felix pouted as he leaned back into his chest, starting to whimper.

"I don't like this Channie...I don't like this IV thingy...I want it out!" He meowed even louder.

Chan let out a sigh as he tried keeping the boy in place as he started shifting again. He grabbed the laptop and plushie to place on the chair next to them.

Jesus, here we go...

"Felix, stop that right now" Chan whisper yelled to him.

Felix was still being stubborn, letting out a growl shoving Chan's hand away. He tried pulling at the bandage once again, and Chan wasn't having it.

"That's it" he said sternly as he pressed the button for the doctor to come. Felix kept shifting, but Chan held his arms down.

"Channie, stopppp. I want this out!" He began to wiggle again.

"Felix stop it right now, I mean it" Chan demanded again.

Just then the doctor showed up.

"Hi, you paged me?"

"Hi yes, I did"

Chan didn't want to do it from previous experience, but knew he had to or the boy would keep acting up.

"Of course, what do you need?" She said inching closer.

"He keeps trying to pull out that IV, can you give him a sedative or something please?"

Felix kept moving, then stopping once he heard what Chan said.

"Sedative...? No...no Channie! I don't want that! I don't want anymore needles! Including this one!" Felix yelled as he ripped one of the bandages off his IV about to yank it out, making the doctor panic.

"Ok, ok. Calm down Felix...nurse! I need a sedative over here quickly!" She said as she tried holding Felix's arm.

Chan felt like he was having dejavu once again as Felix wasn't behaving.

"Kitten calm down" He said pulling him close to his chest.

A nurse ran over with a needle, handing it to the doctor.

"Felix, it's going to be fine" she said calmly as she grabbed his arm, injecting the syringe into him.

Felix let out a loud meow and cry.

"No! Please...Channie!"

"Shhh, I know you hate this sweetheart...I do too...but it's what's best for you...." Chan said sadly as he held him in place, kissing him on the head.

Chan hated the sedative, because he knew the side effects that came with it. An emotionless Felix.

Within a minute, the sedative took affect. He stopped thrashing as he sat calmly in Chan's arms. The older hugging him close to him as the doctor tried re-wrapping the bandage on his arm.

"Ok, he should be calm for rest of the night. Since you asked for it, I assume you know the side effects of the sedative...?"

Chan sighed as he nodded.

"Unfortunately I do..."

She gave him a sad smile as she looked at Felix's emotionless face.

"Does he always get like this with needles?"

Chan nodded.

"Ya, this is the second time it's happened"

"It's alright, some hybrids get really anxious around them. He seems to be one of them"

"Sadly...I think so..."

"Well, he should be alright until tomorrow. If you need anything else, let us know"

"I will, thank you" he gave a small smile as she left and closed the curtain.

Chan sighed as he looked down to see Felix docile as he was once before in his arms.

I hate these side effects...

Felix was just staring down into his lap, becoming apathetic.

"Sweetheart..." Chan said softly trying to get his attention.

Felix slowly lifted his head to turn and face him, letting out a quiet meow. Chan looked into his dilated empty eyes feeling sad as he saw no emotion.

"I'm sorry I had to do this to you kitten...but it's what was best..." he sighed sadly.

Felix didn't respond as he just stared at him.

"Do you want a nap sweetheart or watch more shows?"

Felix just nodded with a small meow, indicating he wasn't 100% mentally cognizant.

Chan sighed sadly as he petted his head.

"Ok, nap time then"

He pulled Felix against his chest, turning him a bit on his side to get comfortable to sleep. Pulling his fuzzy blanket up, he kissed the top of his head.

"Nap time sweetheart"

Felix just nodded into his chest as he closed his eyes.

The older gently rubbed his back up and down as he cuddled him closer. Watching him intently as his purring stopped, finally falling to sleep after a bit.

Chan sighed as he looked up to the ceiling.

At least I don't work tomorrow....
Felix...come back to me soon...