f i f t e e n

A gust of train steam billowed around her as she lingered on the Hogesmede platform. She welcomed it's warmness, giving her body a break from the relentless battering of the cold and snowy wind.

Persephone was surrounded by her three best friends, who were all wrapped up in countless layers of extra warmth, bellies full of hot chocolate and fluffy pancakes from the leaving breakfast.

"I'm sorry that none of us could stay" spoke Cedric as he looked down at Persephone.

She shrugged in response, her tips slanted into a sad smile.

She knew they couldn't stay, they had their own families to return to, it just happened to be that hers was staying Hogwarts as well.

Klara threw her arms around the neck of her, embracing her into a tight hug. "I'll bring you something especially wicked from France!"

Persephone felt another pair of arms wrap around her, the thick muscled arms belonging to those of Hufflepuff beater, Augustus.

"Hey, what about me!"

Soon enough, the four of the fifth years were tangled in one big blob of limbs, all trying to secure their arms around the tiny girl.

The piercing sound of the conductor's whistle shot through the air. "All aboard! All aboard to platform 9 & 3/4's!"

"I don't want to let you stay" whined Klara as they began to untangle themselves.

"It's only for two weeks, i'll be perfectly okay!"

Klara only pouted in response, picking up her trunk from the ground.

Persephone hugged each of them in turn, before watching them all make their way towards the cherry red Hogwarts Express. She couldn't say that she wasn't entirely dreading the few weeks of being alone. Being the only Hufflepuff left did have it's advantages; full control of the music, an unbothered position right in front of the fireplace, access to all the books in the library, but most of all, the undisturbed peace and quiet associated with no one else being in her own personal bubble. In fact, she could already feel it form around her as she made her way back down the overgrown cobblestone path to the castle.

Suddenly, that imaginary bubble of serenity popped around her as two bodies made their way beside her.

"Good morning, Miss Persephone Lupin!" announced Fred as he came in on her left, "It's an absolutely spiffing day if I do say so myself, would you agree George?"

"Oh, I quite do agree Fred. Can I take your coat madame?"

"No, you most certainly can't. It is freezing at the moment."

She pointedly secured the coat further around her body, retouching the black and yellow scarf so it was covering her pale neck. The trio were just making their way through the courtyard, nearing the entrance to the castle. Persephone, who planned to visit her father in his office, veered towards the staircase. The twins followed, clearly not over the conversation at hand.

"I thought you said you were going home for Christmas..." said Persephone, looking in between the boys.

"Well, as fun as spending that much time with our favourite brother Percy sounds, Fred and I have a prank to plan."

Persephone immediately covered her ears. "I am a prefect. I will not stop you, but I don't want any part in it."

"Quite funny you say that actually," declared Fred as he reached up to remove her hands, "because we need your help."

Persephone groaned loudly, shaking her head back and forth. "Can I at least ask who?"

"We were planning on targeting a particular Hufflepuff beater, the one who projected a bludger at me for absolutely no reason."