🎀Chapter 12🎀

"The best thing to hold onto in life is each other."

-Audrey Hepburn

*~*~*

"Oh I am so sorry" I profusely apologize as I bump into a guy just in the hallway of getting to my class

"It's not a problem. Here, let me help you" he says politely as he grabs the books and my file from the ground. He hands it over with a polite smile

"I have five minutes and I was getting so late, I wasn't thinking straight. I'm sorry again" I apologize again, knowing the exact reason why I bumped into him. I hadn't gotten a wink of sleep last night, the reason obvious, and woke up with a headache and bulging eyes. I had made it late to work the second time this week and I was glad Dr. Coben hadn't arrived yet or I bet he would have threatened to fire me. Now I was here, about to attend classes, almost on the verge of being late and having my eyes bulge out of my head, ready to fall out to the ground.

I am tired.

"Like I said, it's okay" he says, flashing a smile at my apology.

Aside Monse, I haven't had any interactions with anyone else on school grounds and even though I came here to specialize further in my career, I think I also deserve a life. Due to this, even though I know I have less than sixty seconds, I retreat and stop.

"What's your name by the way?" I ask

"I'm Augustine. "

"Well hi Augustine. I'm Eufy and I'll see you around" I say and storm to class. At least I got his name. My stuck up life. I can't even have two minutes to check out a guy

You shouldn't be checking out guys. What happened to Ale?

My annoying subconscious mutters in my head and I sigh. Yet and again he has managed to creep back into my mind. Lately I can't stop thinking about him. Especially after that goodnight stunt he pulled yesterday. I haven't been able to concentrate because of that. Even though I feel attracted towards him, the both of us can never happen and I have to get used to that. Besides, I feel stupid for allowing such a small gesture like a forehead kiss and a husky 'Sweet dreams' phrase from him affect me this much.

"Well how kind of you for deciding to grace us with your presence Ms. Johnson" my professor utters sarcastically as I enter the large room. I slowly make my way to my seat with my head down to avoid the stares.

Monse gives me the look as if asking where I've been.

I'll tell you later!

I scribble on a sheet and pass it to her. After that, class goes on.

🎀🍒🎀

"What was that about?" Monse asks once the three hours lecture is over. Thank God. If I sat there for one more second, I would explode.

"I met a guy. Figured I should get his name if I wanna have a life aside this busy one I've routined for myself"

"Was he hot?" She asks with an expectant stare as if she's expecting a huge bag of toffees from trick-or-treating